PDA

View Full Version : Gigs while forum was down

glass50
08-14-2012, 02:20 PM
Did a July 4th Gig north of Dallas at Lake Lewisville. 24 channels, 2 subs, 6 tops. SAC host on stage driving 6 ears monitor mixes and receiving 4 wireless vocals. Wireless remote at FOH run by band's sound guy. We had talked week before. He had heard of SAC and wanted to see it in action. Built seven mixes preshow based on input. We had an opening act with little time to set headliner. Sound check went perfect thanks to pre building mixes. Their sound guy (Steve Simmons) ran the whole show catching onto SAC very quickly. Their regular PA is Yamaha MC7. It is really great on stage with no blasting wedges and no guitar/bass amps. That's David Shaw on monitors. You can see 4 wireless receivers on mic stand and antennas for FOH remote plus wireless talkback mic. Have new High Power router from AmpedWireless wich worked very well. Have started using Roland pwrd speaker patched to solo. Show went without a hitch inspite of 101 temp. Did recorded music with winamp for fireworks at 9:30. Had second main mix patched to FM transmitter so all the boats could listen in. Started with new simple shade by Brett Brandon but switched to daylight shade until dark.

Donnie Frank
08-14-2012, 09:38 PM
Very nice! I think it's very kewl to see SAC-head shows. I wish more guys would show their stuff. Good job!

dbarrow
08-14-2012, 10:16 PM
Here is our Pictures Band show in Houston on the 4th of July. There isn't a whole lot to show, but everything was direct (Roland V-Drums, guitar, bass, keys, with IEMs for everyone, except the female singer. We sent a monitor feed to a powered wedge for her. LD Systems was the sound provider and I just sent them a stereo mix with a couple of -40db inline pads down the snake to their M7. We were the middle act. There was a minimum sound check, just to see that everything worked. We used a mix from the previous show and it was better than the other bands that had to take what they got on the spot. We were able to roll in and out quickly. The only hitch was me leaving the router there and having to get LD to ship it back to Austin. I have a redundant backup, so it wasn't a big deal.

http://thepictures.com/gallery/photos-20120704.html

Oh, and the huge monitor board and FOH console: we only used a stereo feed to the FOH console as I said before. Lot's of gear that wasn't ours, but we just connected right up to it with SAC and then unplugged and drove back to Austin after the set.

RBIngraham
08-15-2012, 07:26 AM
That's a PM5d not an M7 by the way.

dbarrow
08-15-2012, 02:01 PM
That's a PM5d not an M7 by the way.Sorry, I knew that, but my mind was on something else. I never even touched that particular console at that show and we had just connected to an M7 a few days before, so I was thinking about M7s, I guess.