PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Visual J# .NET Version 1.1 Redistributable Package

richswit
08-20-2012, 01:48 PM
trying to install studio reverb into SAC, and I get this BS. I need to install:
Microsoft Visual J# .NET Version 1.1 Redistributable Package

Well, I did that, but it still won't install, and still asks for the above..
Windows XP.
So....what I do?:o

Butch Bos
08-20-2012, 03:48 PM
Try putting it in its own folder and then install
The installer may be looking at another program

Butch

Bob L
08-20-2012, 10:06 PM
I don't require any of that Microsoft special stuff... sounds like you have downloaded it to a generic folder with other Setup.exe programs... one of those is trying to install.

Place it in its own junk folder and run it from there.

Bob L

richswit
08-21-2012, 06:23 AM
I don't require any of that Microsoft special stuff... sounds like you have downloaded it to a generic folder with other Setup.exe programs... one of those is trying to install.

Place it in its own junk folder and run it from there.

Bob L
Ok boss, I've been a Mac guy since '84, one click and done. When you say place "it" in it's own "junk folder" and "run it from there".... 'It"= the visual J thing?:confused::confused:

Worse case, can I just copy the whole SAC folder from my laptop (where all is well) to my desktop and rock on??

richswit
08-21-2012, 07:54 AM
OK. I dragged the Studiolite installer onto the desktop and it worked. Thanks

RBIngraham
08-21-2012, 07:54 AM
Ok boss, I've been a Mac guy since '84, one click and done. When you say place "it" in it's own "junk folder" and "run it from there".... 'It"= the visual J thing?:confused::confused:

Worse case, can I just copy the whole SAC folder from my laptop (where all is well) to my desktop and rock on??

I am pretty sure Bob is talking about the installer for his Studio Reverb plug. Bob doesn't use any of that .net stuff as far as I know, so there is no reason it should need to be installed. Why don't you try to download the installer for the Studio Reverb again and place it right on your desktop. Then run the installer for Studio Reverb right from there. When your done installing, just delete the installer from your desktop. That is what I do and then keep all the installer files backed up on my file server in my home office.