PDA

View Full Version : SAC/SAW link

richswit
08-25-2012, 03:45 PM
So, I take it you still have to have some type of interface hooked to SAW before you can take advantage of the SAC/SAW link. Even though once linked, the interface used for SAC becomes the SAW interface. Am I correct?
If so, it could be a very basic USB interface, right??:rolleyes:

mojogil
08-25-2012, 04:48 PM
No additional hookups into saw. It uses the audio from sac, and you can even select tap points. The saw audio engine disengages and adds very little additional computer load.

RBIngraham
08-25-2012, 05:14 PM
So, I take it you still have to have some type of interface hooked to SAW before you can take advantage of the SAC/SAW link. Even though once linked, the interface used for SAC becomes the SAW interface. Am I correct?
If so, it could be a very basic USB interface, right??:rolleyes:

No you only need one sound card. SAC connects to the sound card. Then SAW uses SAC as it's sound card. If you save your preferences in SAW it will automatically open linked to SAC.

richswit
08-26-2012, 07:40 AM
No you only need one sound card. SAC connects to the sound card. Then SAW uses SAC as it's sound card. If you save your preferences in SAW it will automatically open linked to SAC.

Ah, the old save the preferences file. Thanks again!

RBIngraham
08-26-2012, 10:54 AM
Just make sure you load SAC first, then run SAW. Or you can use Start Up Delayer and have them run from boot up.

richswit
08-26-2012, 01:07 PM
Just make sure you load SAC first, then run SAW. Or you can use Start Up Delayer and have them run from boot up.

Thanks for the cool program....I was wondering how to do that on Windows.
I think of SAC as the host program, and SAW is the rewire program!!;)