PDA

View Full Version : S.A.C. at the Prudential Center in N.J.

Matty D
08-28-2012, 04:20 PM
This Thursday I roll in to setup my S.A.C rig for an after party concert following a NY Liberty basketball game. The artist's rider consisted of boat anchor consoles with racks of processing. Thousands of dollars for me to try to locate to rent, if I could even find it. High end Tube pre's requested etc.
So with that being said, and the NY Liberty having no budget we propose my custom S.A.C. rig with Waves Mercury Plugins, Lexicon Plugins, and of course Bob's plugins. The production manager accepts and we make history with S.A.C. at the Prudential Center!!

My system right now running 36x36 "haven't installed my second RME card yet" with 8 monitors mixes, 4 Waves Plugins on aux's 1-4, Aux 5 Bob's Delay and Aux 6 a Lexicon Plugin, Dual screen with dual motormixes linked runs at about 39% pcu at 2x64 with only 1 output buffer lost. That was at my last corporate event and my computer had been running 19 hours straight for an event!
I built my unit exactly the way Bob had said and it works like a champ. I have a duplicate rig with a single screen single motormix as a backup.

Thx Bob!!!!

RandyHyde
08-28-2012, 05:20 PM
I built my unit exactly the way Bob had said and it works like a champ.

Boy, I can't overemphasize the wisdom of this. Other than a recommendation for Behringer preamps, going with RME and other "higher-end" gear (like Focusrite preamps and a good computer system) made getting SAC operational a piece of cake.

I can feel for people wanting to save bucks and do "SAC on the cheap" but I don't regret spending big(ger) bucks for the RME card. If I ever put a new SAC system together, the only change I'll make is going with better (and remoteable) preamps. Might possibly consider a better interface than ADAT, we'll have to see.
Cheers,
Randy Hyde

operationwhat
08-29-2012, 03:47 AM
Great,
What RME card do you use, is it RAYdat?Are you rolling with ADA's or with some other AD/DA?

All the best,

Matty D
08-29-2012, 09:29 PM
Yes I use the raydat card. I haven't installed the second card yet. After the show I will. Lol. For now all 3 of my systems use the ada8000's. Never have had an issue. They do run hot though. Eventually upgrading to the focusrite or ART units on my main system when the funds allow me too.

Johnny Dee
08-31-2012, 07:03 PM
Matt and I got through yesterdays sound job.

The sound was a nightmare in the arena. The client didn't have the budget to book our front of house system so they went with the arena's sound system, which we tied into. Basically, we did the mics, monitor system etc.

The echo was so bad that it was like the drummer was playing into a delay and this was being fed as loud as the original. The arena's speakers are located at the top of the arena so in addition to the natural echo we were dealing with this.

The show was at the end of the game and it had to be ready to go in 15 minutes right after the game. After the sound check at 3:00pm Matt had to tear down the setup and then do a rehearsal of the setup so the client could time the setup. Matt and one other person did the setup in 8 1/2 minutes. Pretty cool.

We weren't happy with the sound...but I guess the client was as they booked us back for another act in September...LOL.

SAC was running from 12 noon to 11pm straight at 39% and 0 buffers.

Here's a couple of pix taken with a phone camera so they are not that great.

http://www.ambassadoreventproduction.com/images/liberty_antigone_rising.gif

http://www.ambassadoreventproduction.com/images/liberty_game.gif

http://www.ambassadoreventproduction.com/images/liberty_sac.gif

Donnie Frank
09-13-2012, 11:10 AM
My Buddy, James, was just there in July doing FOH for Alice Cooper (I think - might have been someone else). Funny how a guy goes from mixing local bands to being Alice Cooper's touring FOH guy. Seems like only last year James was turning knobs for my band...oh wait...that WAS last year...LOL...

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/541956_3730285850441_844980366_n.jpg

UpTilDawn
09-13-2012, 03:54 PM
I always figured Alice would draw a bigger crowd than that! :p