PDA

View Full Version : Design or Bug?

bertie
06-19-2004, 03:07 PM
hi Bob,

i noticed that when you play a file in SoundFileView the cursor on MT stops moving.Why? - and then when i want to close SoundFileView by clicking close button on it's window the SoundFileview goes away but the sound is still playing and the cursor on the MT does not move!Why?
Do you Bob and others in this forum think that the sound should be stopped when you close the SoundFileView for two reasons : the SoundFileView only plays the original wave file so it buypass all the effects and other things applied to wavefile and the SoundFile View is not connected to a MT and does not follow the MT cursor so why bother after closing the SoundFileView to continue playing the sound when the cursor on MT is not moving!? :)

Bertie, (lifetime SAWStudio user) :)

Yura
06-19-2004, 03:35 PM
Hi

I agree with the logical way of Bertie.
to push close button sould be equal action to close sound file.
but when it slosed it sould be stoped.

Bob L
06-19-2004, 03:41 PM
Bertie,

The Soundfile view playback is independent of the MT Timeline. The SoundFile View plays raw data in soundfiles, unconnected to the timeline position or whether the data is even part of the session at all.

It is for quickly auditioning and marking new regions and handling sound effects and so forth as wild data, possibly not even yet added to the session.

The two windows operate independently by design.

The fact that you can close the window and still maintain playback is not a bug or a problem... you may be playing back and wish to switch to another app, playback will continue... again it has nothing to do with the MT. Stopping playback and then starting playback in the MT is straight forward. The MT window can also be closed when playback is active... again by design... perhaps you may want to fill the screen with mixer views for a moment. If playback stopped every time one of the windows was closed, you would be limiting the interface design quite a bit, in my opinion.

Bob L