PDA

View Full Version : Strange fader behaviour

Mattseymour
09-21-2012, 12:33 AM
Last night, using a new system live for the first time, I experienced two faders sometimes behaving as if they were latched together.

If I adjusted channel 22 then moved 26, the fader for 22 moved as well. Because 22 was a radio mic this resulted in some unpleasant feedback.

Neither channel was sent to a group/group latch. I'm confident I hadn't selected multiple channels, there was no CHN mouse pointer.

This happened more than once but later I wasn't able to recreate it. Will be trying again today.

The setup has two portrait monitors (rotated 270 degrees by windows) and a bcf2000.

Anyone experienced anything similar?

Bob L
09-21-2012, 03:29 AM
Make sure one of the faders was not included in a preset latch by mistake... with latched faders you will not see the CHN mouse cursor when simply grabbing faders.

Click thru all your preset latches and look at the selected chans that are part of the latch for anything unexpected.

Bob L

Mattseymour
09-22-2012, 12:49 AM
Hmmm that isn't a function I've ever used and not sure how I'd latch the faders by mistake, it also didn't happen every time.

gdougherty
09-22-2012, 09:35 PM
I've been able to create some odd behavior using the mouse and the fader surface simultaneously. Nothing I can recall specifically, often it's while manipulating a we of reverse latched channels or using the faders to manipulate a channel I have grabbed with the mouse.

Bob L
09-23-2012, 02:45 AM
George...

The mouse and surface fader interaction has been trapped in version 2.8... make sure you are using that version or above...

Unless there is still more work to be done in that area... if you can give me a step by step to duplicate the issue, then I can chase it down further.

Bob L

Mattseymour
09-23-2012, 03:37 AM
Had a play and haven't been able to duplicate this. If I can I due course, will send the details.

gdougherty
09-23-2012, 09:43 AM
George...

The mouse and surface fader interaction has been trapped in version 2.8... make sure you are using that version or above...

Unless there is still more work to be done in that area... if you can give me a step by step to duplicate the issue, then I can chase it down further.

Bob L

I forget what exactly it was and it may have been a reverse latch type scenario. It was a weird little doing multiple things at once scenario that I just played around with briefly once I found it. It made sense what it was doing, it was just holding onto something as long as I had a fader "grabbed" with the mouse.