PDA

View Full Version : Need RayDAT help!

LarryBfaderJockey
09-22-2012, 06:54 PM
Hey guys, I am stumped. I am building a SAC computer for a church. They have purchased a desktop PC with Win7 64bit. It has one PCI express slot that has a wireless card in it. I have removed the wireless card and installed a RayDAT card but the computer does not see it. The lights are on in the RayDAT optical connectors so the card has power but the PC does not see it in device manager. I have "googled" myself almost blind and there are lots of hits about PCI express slots not recognizing cards but not many answers. If I put the wireless card back in the PC reloads the drivers and it works but it will not see the RayDAT card. Any of you computer whizzes got any ideas. It is a preloaded PC so I can't just wipe and reload it. If I do a recovery it will put me to where I am with the wireless card. HELP!

Thanks
Larry

PhaseShifter
09-22-2012, 07:24 PM
Hey guys, I am stumped. I am building a SAC computer for a church. They have purchased a desktop PC with Win7 64bit. It has one PCI express slot that has a wireless card in it. I have removed the wireless card and installed a RayDAT card but the computer does not see it. The lights are on in the RayDAT optical connectors so the card has power but the PC does not see it in device manager. I have "googled" myself almost blind and there are lots of hits about PCI express slots not recognizing cards but not many answers. If I put the wireless card back in the PC reloads the drivers and it works but it will not see the RayDAT card. Any of you computer whizzes got any ideas. It is a preloaded PC so I can't just wipe and reload it. If I do a recovery it will put me to where I am with the wireless card. HELP!

Thanks
Larry

Maybe the RME card is bad. I'd try putting it into another computer to see if it's detected.

Paul Henry
09-22-2012, 08:12 PM
Poke around in the BIOS a bit and see if you spot anything, maybe try a safe mode boot or one with all startup items disabled.

Mattseymour
09-22-2012, 11:04 PM
Is it possible this isn't really a normal pcie slot but something the motherboard only expects to contain a wifi card? First port of call is to prove the ray at is good in some known hardware, then I'd be looking at changing the motherboard. Perhaps try another pcie card in there, that isn't networking, and Serbia it behaves.

davidss1
09-23-2012, 12:26 AM
not sure if u have already, but i would try by taking out the wireless card and boot the pc with nothing in the slot,,then shutdown again,restart and install the raydat drivers, then another shutdown to install the card.

LarryBfaderJockey
09-23-2012, 04:45 AM
OK Mystery solved. I needed to put it in the long PCI-e slot. X16 I think, and not the the PCI-e X1 slot that has the same edge connector as the Raydat card. I guess I need to catch up on the hardware. The card instructions just say to install in a PCI-e slot. Oh well, it is working now so the world wil not come to an end, at least not today. Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

Larry

marcus
10-02-2012, 05:52 AM
shoulda worked, the raydat is a PCIE X 1 card, but glad you got it working!