PDA

View Full Version : SAC remote does not Synchronize session

ralhop
09-30-2012, 07:24 AM
I have the problem right now that my remote´SAC laptop can not Synchronize Session any more. the connection works I can see that on the Host and Remote but the "Synchronizing Session Data..." pop up is standing on my screen and diong nothing.

I have changed nothing on my setup and for 2 day´s everything was working fine.

soundchicken
09-30-2012, 07:46 AM
I've had this issue before while using a wifi connection in a wifi saturated location. 2.5g connection would show good in windows, I could browse the host and transfer files but SAC would only get to where you describe. A 5ghz connection was my solution.

gdougherty
09-30-2012, 09:24 PM
And what have you done to try and resolve the issue? Does the system run 24/7?

Mattseymour
09-30-2012, 11:37 PM
General rule of thumb with remote issues is to take wifi out of the picture first. Use a cable does it work then? Trouble with wifi is you may not have changed things but someone else might, and it could affect you.

ralhop
10-01-2012, 03:06 AM
the sytem was on the test banch for 5 days with no problem (host and 2 remote laptops and an Ipad Connected to the host. all WIFI) I put it Down and the next day up again and one laptop Did not Sync. the router is only for SAC with no internet connection. I could acces all the other computers from the remote laptop. today I started everything without any problem.

JLepore
10-01-2012, 08:23 AM
Had the exact same thing happen this week. Don't have the rig back up yet to test it. Have never had a problem previously with this configuration, and was working fine the first 3 days of the festival.

Steve Christiano
10-04-2012, 09:15 AM
I think I had a similar problem at my last couple of shows? Except I couldn't get the remote computer to save scene files or mix files. I was also able to see the host computer from the remote computer just fine.
What I found is that if I do not wait for the network connection on the host to be fully up and running before starting up Sac then Sac starts up with the loopback IP address instead of its network address. This is shown at the top part of the interface. I was able to shut Sac down and restart it and it automatically came up with the correct IP address and everything works fine. Maybe something similar is happening with you?

Steve