PDA

View Full Version : The compression lines...

AudioAstronomer
06-19-2004, 04:23 PM
I have just noticed the lines that appear when you change the threshold on the compressor.. Never noticed before, maybe i accidentally turned it on somehow?
anywys.... if a channel is using another channel as the key.... when adjuusting shoulnt the lines appear on the key channel? as of nw they appear on the compressed channel.

Carlos Mills
06-19-2004, 07:14 PM
I have just noticed the lines that appear when you change the threshold on the compressor.. Never noticed before, maybe i accidentally turned it on somehow?
anywys.... if a channel is using another channel as the key.... when adjuusting shoulnt the lines appear on the key channel? as of nw they appear on the compressed channel.

Hi Audio,

The lines are always on. They appear on the track where the compressor "belongs", as long as the cursor is over a MT Region. Just go to the "keyed" channel and move it's compressor until you find the setting you want. Hope this helps.

Regards

AudioAstronomer
06-19-2004, 07:28 PM
I have never adjusted a compressor with playback off till know. I just realized that is why I never saw the lines! I really REALLY love this feature. REALLY love it.

But the fact remains, if a channel has a key from another track, the lines should appear on the keyed track. I understand this means nothing if the tracks are far apart, but it's very easy to move the track up/down then move it back.

Just another thing that has completely changed how I work for the better.

Bob L
06-19-2004, 10:05 PM
Robert,

Sounds like a good idea... but the threshold line display is more complex than one would think, and I will have to look into the code to see what it would take to trace back to the key track... no promises... but I'll look.

Bob L

AudioAstronomer
06-19-2004, 10:57 PM
Thanks bob, tonight since I figure out that line thing... Ive been LOVING it. If I knew about it, I would have bought SAW 2 years ago (or so). This is the most requested feature for me in any software I've ever used and not a single darn one but samp 6.0 had it.. and they removed it in 7.

thanks, hope you do it :)

TotalSonic
06-19-2004, 11:03 PM
Thanks bob, tonight since I figure out that line thing... Ive been LOVING it. If I knew about it, I would have bought SAW 2 years ago (or so). This is the most requested feature for me in any software I've ever used and not a single darn one but samp 6.0 had it.. and they removed it in 7.

Yup - SAW has had this feature for years and years - I think maybe even since the compressor was first introduced in the "SAW Utility Pack" back in 94.

Check out the Levelizer plugin also - it has this same exact ability and makes setting thresholds for peak limiting a snap.

Best regards,
Steve Berson

AudioAstronomer
06-19-2004, 11:12 PM
Levelizer has it?

Awww dagnabbit. The reverb and analyzer are on my lust list... dont make me add the levelizer. I was convinced with elephant 2.0 and saw's channel compression I was well set :) Now I gotta try it....

If I bankrupt myself from this constant flow of awesome saw addons and little nifty features, im coming after you Steve. It's all your fault!

TotalSonic
06-19-2004, 11:21 PM
Hey Robert - ya can't blame me for too much of a good thing! :)

I haven't tried out Elephant 2 yet and have been meaning to check out the demo - but Elephant 1 even in its HQ version just didn't sound as transparent as the Levelizer to me when I tested it. Levelizer is fully automateable and is also incredibly cpu efficient (I've had something like 24 of them in a single session without a problem) - it's well worth checking out - and certainly very well worth the $100 Bob is asking for it.

and I've got another one to add to your list soon - Anwida just sent me the beta today for their new fully automateable SAWStudio native reverb "Spazio" and it's sounding really nice. Andrea let me know they were shooting for a release in a couple weeks. I'll try and post some screen shots soon.

Anyway - if you haven't tried out their SAW native modulation effects pack yet it's really worth checking out the demo from http://www.anwida.com

Best regards,
Steve Berson

AudioAstronomer
06-19-2004, 11:28 PM
Hrm. I must contact Anwida...

Yura
06-20-2004, 02:38 PM
Thanks bob, tonight since I figure out that line thing... Ive been LOVING it. If I knew about it, I would have bought SAW 2 years ago (or so). This is the most requested feature for me in any software

Hehe!
I not onli love it I PRAUD by it always!!!
:)