PDA

View Full Version : Wide/Full mixer view...wide not following mixers/channels

Jazzyrick
10-01-2012, 08:36 AM
Another slight issue I've been having.

I recently change my view to a wide mixer/full mixer view on my remote.

I have F-Keys setup as the mixes(F1=FOH, F2=Monitor Mixer 1, F3=Monitor 2, etc...)

When doing sound checks and hitting an F-key to change to a different monitor mixer the wide mixer view doesn't follow.

Example. I'll be on the FOH mixer...bring up lead vocal...so that channel is highlighted...then switch to monitor mixer 2 to bring up the lead vocal in that monitor, but the wide mixer doesn't follow. It actually looks like it kicks it to channel 1 usually(nearly always Kick drum in my setups).

I'm still using SAC 2.8 as I just figured if it's not broke then don't fix it. Is this a known problem or is it just me?

Bob L
10-01-2012, 01:17 PM
Sounds like you may have forced the WideMixer view to a certain chan and mixer in the F-Key definition... make sure that you do not select the mixer and start chan and hot chan options in the F-Key Properties dialog when you create the F-Key.

Bob L

gdougherty
10-01-2012, 02:50 PM
Another slight issue I've been having.

I recently change my view to a wide mixer/full mixer view on my remote.

I have F-Keys setup as the mixes(F1=FOH, F2=Monitor Mixer 1, F3=Monitor 2, etc...)

When doing sound checks and hitting an F-key to change to a different monitor mixer the wide mixer view doesn't follow.

Example. I'll be on the FOH mixer...bring up lead vocal...so that channel is highlighted...then switch to monitor mixer 2 to bring up the lead vocal in that monitor, but the wide mixer doesn't follow. It actually looks like it kicks it to channel 1 usually(nearly always Kick drum in my setups).

I'm still using SAC 2.8 as I just figured if it's not broke then don't fix it. Is this a known problem or is it just me?

In order to get the exact view you want, sometimes you have to select both the hot and start channel. It does not work as you'd usually expect when you have a single channel view on the screen to store the start channel but not the hot channel. The start channel stores whatever was the hot channel on the single channel view and recalls that channel, instead of staying locked to the hot channel. Then, to get the channel to re-track in the single channel views, you need to make an entirely different channel selection, as reselecting the current hot channel doesn't update anything.

I'd like to see the ability to define the start and hot channels independently across views, allowing the F mixer to snap to the exact view you want while leaving the W mixer or Z mixer independent to stay locked to the currently selected hot channel. Last I heard though it's a request that isn't on the list.

Jazzyrick
10-01-2012, 03:48 PM
Sounds like you may have forced the WideMixer view to a certain chan and mixer in the F-Key definition... make sure that you do not select the mixer and start chan and hot chan options in the F-Key Properties dialog when you create the F-Key.

Bob L

I think you may be right here. The wide mixer setting is likely getting saved to the f-key profile.

RBIngraham
10-01-2012, 06:44 PM
I'd like to see the ability to define the start and hot channels independently across views, allowing the F mixer to snap to the exact view you want while leaving the W mixer or Z mixer independent to stay locked to the currently selected hot channel. Last I heard though it's a request that isn't on the list.

+1