PDA

View Full Version : scenes and channel labels

Andy Follett
10-15-2012, 03:21 PM
I have a couple of scences and thought I had it working like I wanted but not so anymore.

I have a scene that changes my FOH inputs to "tracked drums" and another that changes the FOH inputs to "live drums" - from tracks in SAW to mic inputs. All that works fine.

However, I thought the channel labels (when selecting scenes) in the monitor mixes would/were "following" the FOH labels. But I checked and unchecked some boxes (in the scene save pop up) and now they don't. When I saved the "tracked" drums scene, I typed in the appropriate labels on the drum tracks and the same for the "live" drums scene. The FOH labels change appropriately with the scenes and that works exactly the way I thought it would.

I had it so that even in the monitor mixes it was obvious whether the band was getting "tracked" or "live" drums from the labels. Now the monitor labels stay on "tracked".

I can type in the labels in the monitor mixes and select that monitor mix "radio" button in the scene save pop up box and get the desired label to show (in that monitor mix) but that's a lot of typing accross 8 monitor mixes... and it seemed like that wasn't necessary before.

Was I imagining that the monitor labels were following the FOH lablels before or what am I missing?

Bob L
10-15-2012, 04:38 PM
The 3.0 update fixed code to have the chan labels and colors properly follow selected chans and mixers... so to have the change happen on monitor mixers as well as FOH, you need to select the mixers you want to affect in the scene properties.

Read the Latest Release Notes after updating to learn of all the changes in each update.

Bob L

Andy Follett
10-16-2012, 09:15 AM
Bob, as always, thanks for the response (within minutes).

OK, so I went through the online manual.

I think what would make what I'm trying to do a couple of mouse clicks is the ability to copy everything from one (monitor) mixer to another. I think this has been brought up before so there's my vote for it as well.

Bob L
10-16-2012, 10:30 AM
You can create a chan template for every named chan... then recall that to another mixer in one click... use the chan store/recall options.

In general, many of the routing or device options do not want to be duplicated on each mixer... so the individual options are there... duplicate the src assignments, then the faders and pans... usually that is all that is needed... then its very easy to set your out devices.

Bob L