PDA

View Full Version : Help - cant open IN device

Eric White
10-20-2012, 11:47 PM
Hi gang,

Ive been fighting an issue with hardware ..as can be seen in this thread http://www.sawstudiouser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15844

I was able to run 3 RME digi9652 cards but could only get 128*3 performance. I have spent hours troubleshooting this and discovered a couple things. My 3rd card is the issue. I can run 2 cards and achieve 64*1 but cannot get the performance I desire with 3 cards.. I'm OK with 48 channels for now, theatre work isnt for a few months and I have time to work it out by then. I am still running SAC ver 2.9.

SO... here is the problem that CANT wait.

I am now running 2 cards. I have a show mix file that is needed this next weekend. It will open , but wont go live. It says that it is having trouble opening an 'IN' device and to make sure something else is not using it. I checked all the INs and Outs and they are all below 48. I can create a new mix file and go live with no problem. I just cannot go live with my previous files even though none of the ins or outs are above the limit of my 2 cards.
If I open a pref file for the 2 cards, then open the mix session i have the same result. If I try to then open the pref file again, it wants to close the mix file, I select OK and re-open the mix file again....same results.

Outside of taking a BUNCH of screen shots and recreating my mix files for 2 cards...what do I do?

Many thanks -Eric

TomyN
10-21-2012, 01:10 AM
Hi,

in the 'faulty' mix-session go to Options -> Audio Driver Model
Check if ASIO Protocol is checked, and there is a valid resoution reported.
If not click on 'ASIO Driver Setup' and see if RME's control panel shows up.
Just close it.
If this does not work, try selecting an other driver model, and then go back to ASIO protocol.

After that make sure to check the settings of the inputs/outputs in Audio Device Setup (also in Option menu).

Tomy

gdougherty
10-21-2012, 08:38 AM
I'll second Tomy's suggestion. Open the session, don't take it live. Select a non ASIO driver and reselect the ASIO driver. That will recreate all the ASIO inputs based on your current hardware selection. Make any necessary adjustments and then save that as your new default pref.

Eric White
10-22-2012, 11:32 AM
Problem solved.. Thanks for the suggestions.

Turns out is was my word clock. During testing I had set it down to 44.1khz and my SAC file was set to 48khz. Simply changing the sample rate in sac made it all come back alive. Thanks so much.

-Eric