PDA

View Full Version : SAC VST Wave Player

mr_es335
10-22-2012, 08:37 PM
Hello,

After many unsuccessful attempts at locating a VST Wave Player to use in SAC that did just what I wanted, I ended up making my own.

I used Synth Edit to design it using a module by David Haupt. When I am able, I will port it to Synth Maker - more efficient CPU usage.

I use scenes a lot for my live rig, and all I wanted was a VST that would play a single-shot wave file when a scene was loaded. SAC Wave Player does just that! It allows you to load a single wave file, and Start or Stop it as well as rewind it. With the Start/Stop switch enabled, it will load the selected wave file when that scene is selected. The rewind button does just that - rewinds the wave file - in the event you "boo-booed". Also great for use during practice times.

So, I have a scene that loads the VST with a particular tune, followed by a scene that fades out the track. Pretty simple! Using my pedal arrangement, I can select various scenes using the left and right switches - with the centre switch activating the selected scene - all hands free!

I must say, even though LoopaZoid worked very well, you had to click the button to play the loaded wave file. This meant a mouse click on the VST and another mouse click or FKey selection to make the Scenes View active. Not any more! The Scenes View always stays active now.

The Start/Stop switch in SAC Wave Player is simply a gate trigger.

Here it is: SAC Wave Player (http://www.sentinelmusicstudios.com/students/ftp/SACWave.zip)

PS: I have been using HapHazzard's Glass House shade - so I made the background to reflect his shade (as on the Input Channels).

Lastly, I would appreciate your comments, and maybe even an occasional "Thank You".

Butch Bos
10-22-2012, 09:31 PM
Thank You :)

Butch

Richard Rupert
10-23-2012, 07:06 AM
Looks like it would be very useful. Thank you.

MikeDee
10-23-2012, 09:38 AM
Thank you as well.

One possible enhancement: How about an auto-rewind option (similar to the one in SAWStudio) so that, upon toggling Stop and Start, the file is played back from its beginning? This would be useful after playing a file, then replaying it a bit later. A few times I tried to replay a file after it had completed playing, hearing nothing...then I realized, ***248;***248;ps, I gotta hit Rewind first. The auto-rewind option would eliminate my ***248;***248;ps.

Actually, I just realized that you can simply build in the auto-rewind to activate only upon completion of playback of a file...then no need for an option...and the file is ready to be replayed.

'Nother idea: The Stop command can be an option...this way, when the file has completed playing...then auto-rewind would kick in...the file would continue playing again from the beginning automatically if Stop were toggled "off"...now you have continuous l***243;***242;ping built in!

Of course, the Rewind button would still retain its usefulness, even with auto-rewind enabled, allowing one to pop back to the beginning midway.

Up to you.... Either way, nice work! :)

Best regards,

mr_es335
10-23-2012, 01:02 PM
Hello,

I am hoping to port the app to SynthMaker - as it allows for more control of the app - but also requires more knowledge. SynthMaker allows for the integration with assembler - the only way to go - even at the chagrin of others.

I will keep you posted....

MikeDee
10-24-2012, 12:22 PM
Hello,

I am hoping to port the app to SynthMaker - as it allows for more control of the app - but also requires more knowledge. SynthMaker allows for the integration with assembler - the only way to go - even at the chagrin of others.

I will keep you posted....Sounds gr8 to me...thanks! :)

dasbin
10-24-2012, 12:43 PM
Thanks so much. This is probably the most useful playback plugin for SAC yet.

I agree with all of MikeDee's suggestions as well.

mr_es335
10-24-2012, 01:57 PM
Hello,

Please see attached...

I made the VST to fit in the minimal width allowed by SAC VST's.

SAC Wave Player (http://www.sentinelmusicstudios.com/students/ftp/SACWave.zip)

PS: This will be my "working" version for a bit. I really need to get back to playing... I sincerely appreciate all those that have commented - as well as the suggestions. I will keep you all posted as to futher developments.

mojogil
10-24-2012, 03:51 PM
This looks great! Will it work on the remote, using the right click on the blue triangle?

dasbin
10-24-2012, 04:36 PM
Discovered a bug. When playing a 44khz wav file in a SAC session that is 48khz, each subsequent re-playback of the same file will be lower and lower in pitch each time. Resampling issue of some kind I suspect.

mr_es335
10-24-2012, 06:28 PM
Hello,

That should be expected.

However, as I made this VST primarily for myself for a particular purpose, I doubt that it will be modifed to correct this.

Fix: Load the wave file in SAWStudio at 48khz and mix it down to that sample rate. I tested that and it works just fine.

jlklein
10-24-2012, 08:03 PM
I'm having trouble getting it to show up in my list of FX. I tried it both in the VST folder and the Native folder, and have added it to the SAC_FX_Native.ini with a carriage return after it. Is there something else I need to do?

Thanks,
Jeff

mr_es335
10-24-2012, 09:07 PM
Hello,

VST's only go into the VST_PlugIns folder. The Native_PlugIns folder is only for DX and Bob's proprietary plug-ins.

Did you "un-zip" the file first?

The download is a SACWave.zip with the un-zipped file being SACWave.dll.

After un-zipping it, simply copy the SACWave.dll to the VST_PlugIns folder and launch SAC and it should be there in your FX Choices dialog box.

Hope this helps?

brettbrandon
10-24-2012, 10:44 PM
Exellent job! To be able to load and start a track playing from a scene is way cool....

Brett

jlklein
10-25-2012, 05:45 AM
...sigh...I'm an idiot...I have both 2.9 and 3.0 on my PC...I loaded the player into 2.9 and opened 3.0...(headsmack). So, it's working now.

Another question, though. I have it patched on a channel with FX as the source and SACwave as the FX choice, and it's peaking into the red on playback. There doesn't seem to be a way to adjust the incoming/pre volume as it comes in after the channel attenuator. Did I miss it?

Thanks,
Jeff

mr_es335
10-25-2012, 07:09 AM
Hello,

No...you have not missed anything.

I will be coming out with a "bigger" version of this VST...with level adjustments and such.

For now you will have to adjust the output level using the channel fader where the VST is inserted. You will not see any levels on the VST channel though - tbut you can still adjust the output level from there.

Hope this helps.

brettbrandon
10-25-2012, 07:25 AM
You will not see any levels on the VST channel though - tbut you can still adjust the outout level from there.

If you go to "Mixer" on the menu and select "FOH Pre-FX Patch Signal Flow" and select the channel you are using, you will get dynamics, eq, and level meters.

Brett

mr_es335
10-25-2012, 09:17 AM
Hello,

That is true...thanks Brett...keep forgetting to use that one.

sebastiandybing
10-25-2012, 01:20 PM
Big thanks, did play with it today and
it is way more usefull than I have thought
of.
I did some test with multiply waveplayer on different
tracks and with scene list in partial mode I was
able to build a SFX kind of show.

Sebastian

jlklein
10-25-2012, 02:15 PM
If you go to "Mixer" on the menu and select "FOH Pre-FX Patch Signal Flow" and select the channel you are using, you will get dynamics, eq, and level meters.

Brett

You can also see the meter if you select your meter patch point as either pre-fader or post-fader. It only doesn't show up if you have Src selected.

Jeff

CharlieCo
10-26-2012, 02:17 PM
Great, really useful plugin. In many instances this is a Jingle machine.

Please, mantain this version without excessive functions :D
Thank You !

averombri
04-18-2014, 08:13 AM
Sorry guys,i put the uncompressed dll in my VST plugins folder,opened in a channel 1 pre fx and doesn´t work,im using asio4all driver and wave file are in the same sample rate and bit rate than session,what am i loosing in process?
thanks

mr_es335
04-18-2014, 03:47 PM
Hello,

Sorry guys,i put the uncompressed dll in my VST
plugins folder,opened in a channel 1 pre fx and doesn´t work,im using asio4all driver and wave file are in the same sample rate and bit rate than session,what am i loosing in process?thanks
This is in SAC correct? The default path is C:\SAC\VST_PlugIns. Put the SACWave.dll in that folder and that is all that is required.

mr_es335
04-18-2014, 06:24 PM
Hello,

And update....after the plugin is added, make sure you set the input to FX Src.

If you want to see levels on the channel where the plugin is added, you need to enable Mixer>FOH Pre-Fx Patch Signal Flow=>>>Set to the channel where the plugin is added.

Hope this helps?

averombri
04-19-2014, 02:57 AM
That´s it! everything runs now,thank you for your help!

mr_es335
04-19-2014, 05:51 AM
Hello,

That´s it! everything runs now,thank you for your help!
That is great! I am very glad it is working out for you!