PDA

View Full Version : Bob, have you seen this??

Carey Langille
10-25-2012, 01:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HHiXqcyu2M

Bill Park
10-25-2012, 04:10 PM
I watched it earlier today. It is a bit vague as to details.

Jeff Scott
10-25-2012, 04:55 PM
Was just about to post this myself.

MMP
10-25-2012, 05:23 PM
I'll have to check it out at AES.

Regards,

MM

Jesse
10-25-2012, 08:16 PM
I think it's gonna be very expensive!

Tim Miskimon
10-25-2012, 09:01 PM
I see a problem with these kinds of control surfaces - neck, shoulder and arm pain after hours of repeated use.
Holding your arm out in the air to move virtual faders for hours at a time will no doubt cause neck & upper back pain.
The only way I see this working is if it's made to position it like a traditional console where you're not forced to hold your arms out in the air.

It's bad enough staring at a video monitor for hours at a time - I don't think I could stand having to look at my whole studio on a giant video screen all session long.
The more you have to look at the less you hear what's going on.
My 2 cents.

bcorkery
10-25-2012, 09:53 PM
SAW it earlier today too, I'm with Tim on this one.

Grekim
10-26-2012, 04:38 AM
Cool, but there's some serious lag going on there. Not for me.

Microstudio
10-26-2012, 06:15 AM
Touch screens are good for somethings but not mixers, there are compact hardware digital mixers that are big inside and small on the outside that are easy to use and I am sure much cheaper. Slate has money to burn and I am sure they did on this one.

Carey Langille
10-26-2012, 07:08 AM
Guess you guys missed the point.... Hes making claim that HE was the first to do this Multi touch screen mixing thing, When in fact, he probably stole it from the Demo bob did at the NAB??AES?? A few years ago..... Its OLD news for daw control... Yes, probably VERY expensive and he will sell 7 of them....

CurtZHP
10-26-2012, 08:40 AM
I want to know what happens when that "cutting edge" touch screen gets a crack in it.

Seems like a lot of eggs in a very expensive basket.

Dave Labrecque
10-29-2012, 09:09 AM
I see a problem with these kinds of control surfaces - neck, shoulder and arm pain after hours of repeated use.
Holding your arm out in the air to move virtual faders for hours at a time will no doubt cause neck & upper back pain.
The only way I see this working is if it's made to position it like a traditional console where you're not forced to hold your arms out in the air.

It's bad enough staring at a video monitor for hours at a time - I don't think I could stand having to look at my whole studio on a giant video screen all session long.
The more you have to look at the less you hear what's going on.
My 2 cents.

+1

I don't think dragging your finger across a smooth surface (or though the air Ã* la Tom Cruise) brings along any of the advantages of a physical work surface. It was fun on Star Trek TNG, but that's about it.

Dan Hauck
10-29-2012, 11:35 AM
If they can emulate dirty pots & cards that need to be pulled out & re-seated we'll really have a way to pull our Ferraris around with a horse.

Bruce Callaway
10-30-2012, 03:58 AM
If they can emulate dirty pots & cards that need to be pulled out & re-seated we'll really have a way to pull our Ferraris around with a horse.
:) Memories

mixer100
10-30-2012, 05:55 AM
You boys are just so cynical! LOL
Ken

martiaudio
11-15-2012, 04:43 AM
do you guys know about the tango surface.. instead..
Proper encoders, direct to switches and faders with a lovely touch screen..
Massively reliable ..
La cream de la cream... What SAC and SAW deserve when it comes to operation..with a proper choice of audio digital protocol and best I/O's apogees, Midas..

I'd like to see a full integration for SAC and SAW with this surface technology.

http://www.smartav.net/product/tango-2/new-features/