PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Behringer garbage

Mattseymour
10-26-2012, 07:21 AM
So all three of the new ADAs I just bought are bad. None will clock properly. Which means it's time to do what I should have done in the first place and buy something better.

A lot of the options I'm looking at, such as the profire 2626, have an external PSU. Any tips on how to secure these inside a plastic rack case?

Nothing i've previously tried has worked for very long.

UpTilDawn
10-26-2012, 07:25 AM
Could mount them to a universal rack, using tie wraps (worked for me anyway).
Of course, you end up losing a rack space in the process. In my case, I also mounted other things to the rack shelf, so it worked out okay.

erlohr
10-26-2012, 08:51 AM
I use Velcro to secure stuff like that. That way I can easily pull them out and put them back.

soundchicken
10-26-2012, 10:59 AM
Be warned......some of the plastic (skb,gator...) racks cannot be taped to. Be ready to sand and use some heavy duty glue.

Brent Evans
10-26-2012, 11:22 AM
I zip tied all mine together in a block, then slid that block into the space between the units and the rack. I tied the cables up so that everything is pretty well supported.

JLepore
10-26-2012, 12:16 PM
Actually, my profire PSU's fit nicely in the gap between the unit and the side wall of the rack. They all stay nice and secure and out of the way there.

Mattseymour
10-27-2012, 12:24 AM
Be warned......some of the plastic (skb,gator...) racks cannot be taped to. Be ready to sand and use some heavy duty glue.

That's probably where I've had trouble before. They do seem to resist most adhesives. I'll try sanding the surface first.

What's irritating is my stage box rack is just big enough for three adas, the adat extender and a power distro. It's pretty compact. Anything else I use isn't going to fit in this box :(

gdougherty
10-27-2012, 08:16 AM
On a wireless rack with the Shure inline psu's I cut a square of plywood to mount in the rear of the case and screw the psu's on. Some short bolts and fender washers with a slight recess secured the plywood into the plastic case. Thought I'd do something similar for my skb flight rig. Right now I carry 2 in a bag and one is zip tied to the side of the case in a little pocket created by the edge where you could mount rear rails.

gdougherty
10-27-2012, 08:17 AM
That's probably where I've had trouble before. They do seem to resist most adhesives. I'll try sanding the surface first.

What's irritating is my stage box rack is just big enough for three adas, the adat extender and a power distro. It's pretty compact. Anything else I use isn't going to fit in this box :(

The Profire isn't much deeper than an Ada.

Mattseymour
10-27-2012, 08:59 AM
Yes I'm hoping it might all be made to fit. Took a while to find the size. Noting on the maudio site, or in the manual.

JLepore
10-27-2012, 05:41 PM
The Profire isn't much deeper than an Ada.

The profire is about an inch deeper. I got two of them racked on top of each other.