PDA

View Full Version : TCT 2012

KUI
10-26-2012, 11:31 AM
68 inputs used ,70 output's
2 surfaces 5 remotes

22 mixers used.
16 iem mixes
48% load rig has run for 9 days live, no problems or slips.
Feeds sent to and received from multiple global sites.

Thanks Bob

Bob L
10-26-2012, 11:58 AM
That's what SAC is all about.

Thanks for recognizing what it can do.... understanding my vision... and putting it to use in the real world.

I am humbled by your expertise... and grateful to know you.

Bob L

operationwhat
10-27-2012, 07:21 AM
MASTER!!! :eek:

Mattseymour
10-27-2012, 07:45 AM
Ah Mix minus... takes me back to my broadcast days.

JeremyJo
10-27-2012, 09:06 AM
Tell us more about the computer configuration. Are you using plugins? 48% load is great for such a system.

nHaskin
10-27-2012, 09:41 AM
Nice setup Steve, that's the way to really work SAC.
How many remotes are in use?
Are you mixing everything, or do you have someone checking monitors & mixing record for you?

Ned

Eric White
10-27-2012, 01:50 PM
Steve,

Could I please ask.. What is your PC system comprised of ? I looked through some old posts of yours and see that your using the Hdsp9652 cards. Is that still true today? Do you know the specs of your PC? motherboard model is really what Im after.

Congrats, major responsibility. #HeroCookie

-Eric

KUI
10-27-2012, 03:30 PM
The machines I use are now older ASUS p5q mob with e8500 processors. These machines have been on the road 200 or so days a year for three years.

This particular show has two operators FOH and MON. These positions have a 32 fader at FOH and a 24 fader surface at MON world. I also run two instances Sac remote on two other machines at FOH as well as my ASUS slate for mobile tuning.

I use audio rails to get input and output to FOH over 300 meters tac 4 fiber.
Two fibers for audio two for networking.
I also use audio rails to get mic press as close twobthe stage as possible on a gig of this scale.

As far as plug ins are concerned I use all of bob's native stuff. In this case around 35 or so levelizers 16 native eq's and 14 delays.
I also lowender on the sub drive and nomad factory multibband on my master stereo bus which is out 9 used as a group to feed the masters outs on FOH.

To lessen the load I send mix stems using the FOH auxes down to the master monitor mixer from there to the 16 individual iem mixes and three others for other destinations.

Just got of the plane from 22 days on the road.

Hope this answers most of your questions.

Thanks Bob it good to see ya!,

KUI

Tom Blazek
10-30-2012, 09:26 PM
This rig is exceptional! This really shows the power and flexibility of SAC. I read so much about it won't do this or that, but compare it to any other console out there! What about all the amazing stuff it does do??

For those naysayers, as a EE, musician and sound guy, I will be using my SAC rig for all my gigs until a better product (likely a newer version of SAC) appears.

Donnie Frank
11-01-2012, 03:47 PM
GREAT job, Steve. I truly envy your skill set. You've taken audio to a whole other level - going where no man has gone before. What I wouldn't give to intern under you for a season or two....