PDA

View Full Version : Auto zero cross misbehavior (misbehaviour for you Brits)

Dave Labrecque
03-11-2005, 03:59 PM
Bob,

I just pinned something down (I think):

When Auto Zero Cross is enabled, alt-dragging a region entry boundary toward the entry's center works correctly. However, alt-dragging away from the entry's center does not find auto zero cross points.

Can you (anyone) confirm?

Bob L
03-11-2005, 04:05 PM
I'm not even sure I hooked the auto-zero detection into the Alt-Drag boundary function... I'll have to check the code... it is hooked into the split region functions and the U key update boundary.

Bob L

Ian Alexander
03-11-2005, 04:22 PM
"(misbehaviour for you Brits)"

Canadians, too, eh? I moved to the States when I was seven, but I still fondly remember the extra u's. Added something to colours and flavours. ;)

Dave Labrecque
03-11-2005, 04:59 PM
Added something to colours and flavours. ;)
Yeah, like color... and flavor. :)

Dave Labrecque
03-11-2005, 05:04 PM
That's odd, because it does seem to be "half-hooked". :)

It does suggest an interesting question, though. Sometimes it's handy and sometimes it's a hindrance having the auto zero cross active with alt-dragging -- as well as with some other editing operations. So, I often find myself wanting to toggle it a few times during a session. Many have been the times I've wanted a button to click on for that purpose, instead of going up to the menu item each time.

Anyone else think that would be useful?

omaru
03-11-2005, 05:05 PM
"(misbehaviour for you Brits)"

Canadians, too, eh? I moved to the States when I was seven, but I still fondly remember the extra u's. Added something to colours and flavours. ;)

Good for Aussies too :)

omaru

Bob L
03-11-2005, 05:12 PM
The button to use would be Z key to manually use the zero cross when you want to and turn the automatic OFF.

In the end, you may find being in control and using less and less of the auto features gives you much more power and efficiency.

What a concept. :D

Bob L

Dave Labrecque
03-11-2005, 05:20 PM
Always the funny guy. :)

Well, Z and then K each time is certainly not as straight-forward as Toggle plus K,K,K,K... since auto zero cross is the mode I'm usually in. Hey, how about a modifier key to defeat the auto zero cross as needed? I guess we're outta those, huh (modifer keys)?

Wait a minute... the answer is simple: a keyboard shortcut for the Auto Zero Cross menu item! C'mon! Whaddaya say? That's exactly what I'm looking for. :) (somebody help me out, here. anybody, c'mon. throw me a bone.)

Carl G.
03-11-2005, 11:02 PM
Always the funny guy. :)

Well, Z and then K each time is certainly not as straight-forward as Toggle plus K,K,K,K... since auto zero cross is the mode I'm usually in. Hey, how about a modifier key to defeat the auto zero cross as needed? I guess we're outta those, huh (modifer keys)?

Wait a minute... the answer is simple: a keyboard shortcut for the Auto Zero Cross menu item! C'mon! Whaddaya say? That's exactly what I'm looking for. :) (somebody help me out, here. anybody, c'mon. throw me a bone.)
Sometimes, I like the auto cross off except when I want it :)
That's why the Z key is so cool !

Tim Miskimon
03-12-2005, 08:33 AM
Sometimes, I like the auto cross off except when I want it :)
That's why the Z key is so cool !

I agree Carl. I tried leaving it on as a default but then I realized it was getting on my nerves when it would move my marker when I had gotten it exactly where I wanted it - now it's a manual function for me & the Z key is the ticket!
;)
Tim

Jay Q
03-12-2005, 03:55 PM
That's why the Z key is so cool !Yes. "Z" is simple and easy to remember.

Jay