PDA

View Full Version : AmpLion VST - No MIDI

muzicman0
11-19-2012, 10:13 PM
I am trying the demo of AmpLion, and it is supposed to have full control via MIDI, but the MIDI option is greyed out in SAC. It works for other VST's in my setup, so I'm guessing it must be something with AmpLion itself. I am in communication with them, is there anything that I can communicate with them to help troubleshoot?

mm0

HapHazzard
11-20-2012, 07:14 AM
I am trying the demo of AmpLion, and it is supposed to have full control via MIDI, but the MIDI option is greyed out in SAC. It works for other VST's in my setup, so I'm guessing it must be something with AmpLion itself. I am in communication with them, is there anything that I can communicate with them to help troubleshoot?

mm0Are looking in the Blue Triangle in the VST window for the midi?

muzicman0
11-20-2012, 08:33 AM
yes, I have other plugins that are controlled via MIDI, so I know how to do it...but for some reason, this one doesn't work...the developer can't get it to work in SAC either.

I was hoping maybe someone on here might be able to point me in the right direction, something I could tell the developer.

My only thought was maybe it has to be a VSTi, not a VST. But I don't really know anything about the VST spec. Hopefully Bob can chime in.

mm0

HapHazzard
11-20-2012, 08:53 AM
I just installed the demo and found that it does not show midi-in in the Blue Triangle.

With that I opened Amplitube 3 and it has midi-in selectable.

But with Amplitube Fender (not Authorized yet) and found it does the same as Amplion, no "Set Midi-In Port" selection. So demos may not completely work, only in standalone will it work.

Link to "Glass House" shade for SAC and SAW (http://www.haphazzard.com/stuff/SAW_SAC_Shades/SAW_SAC_Shades.zip)

Bob L
11-20-2012, 03:36 PM
The current version of SAC will allow midi input control for VST synth and non-synth plugins, as long as the plugin registers itself as accepting midi input.

Make sure you are testing on SAC version 3.0 and not an older version.

Bob L

muzicman0
11-20-2012, 03:40 PM
Thanks Bob, I have sent that info to the developer, and we'll see if that is any help to him.

In the mean time, I am looking for another VST solution. It appears that TH2 works with MIDI, so I will test it tonight.

mm0

brettbrandon
11-21-2012, 04:00 PM
I have used TH2 live, setup on the host and controlled with a midi pedal with no problems. It added around 4 to 10 percent to the SAC load depending on how many modules and effects are used in the patch.

Brett

muzicman0
11-23-2012, 02:29 PM
Got an Email last night that TH2 was 50% off, so I couldn't pass it up. I have worked a bit with the demo, and the only thing I have found so far is that SAC crashes if I add a volume pedal while the engine is live, but only on some patches...not a huge deal, as I won't ever do that.

mm0

Adam Christopher
11-23-2012, 11:58 PM
Got an Email last night that TH2 was 50% off, so I couldn't pass it up. I have worked a bit with the demo, and the only thing I have found so far is that SAC crashes if I add a volume pedal while the engine is live, but only on some patches...not a huge deal, as I won't ever do that.

mm0

A very wise decision. The Black Friday sale is great. I got mine for like 167 over a year ago and this is a slightly better deal.

I've tried all of the amp sims out there and I swear by Th2 but I rate amp lion very low on the totem poll in my opinion. Amp Lion amp models are all very thin sounding and "fizz city". Not that kind of natural amp fizz at certain frequencies but digital fizz.

Th2 doesn't have those artifacts and is very natural sounding in my opinion. You might find that the newer Lynch model cabs are better/realistic than others but all the amp models are great. You won't find any better high gain sound out of the vst sims. Only other commercial alternative I was impressed with was Brainworx RockRack. Would love to hear how things are coming along with Th2 so let us know!