PDA

View Full Version : multitrack "go to specific time" function

Kent F
12-20-2012, 01:18 PM
Hey there-

Was wondering if there is a tool in SSL that will allow me to type in a precise timecode and have the cursor jump to that place?

Thanks

sebastiandybing
12-20-2012, 02:57 PM
Go into smpte time code, to do so right click the
time indicator window, and then a left click
in the same window will pop up a
Time input window in hours:mins:secs:frames:subframe

Sebastian

Kent F
12-20-2012, 03:47 PM
Thanks. Is there a way to do this with the regular Saw time line? My projects are not in smpte timeframe.

richswit
12-20-2012, 04:21 PM
nope.....not that I have found...

Bob L
12-20-2012, 04:46 PM
The goto only works in Smpte and Tempo mode... but you can create a few locate points in the Locate popup menu and use those to jump to special locations within a song... like verse 1, chorus, verse 2... etc.

Place your cursor... click the L> button at the top of the MT... then shift-click any of the locate points and label it.

Once you create a few... then you can easily jump to that location by clicking any of the locate points in that popup locate menu.

Bob L

richswit
12-20-2012, 07:34 PM
The goto only works in Smpte and Tempo mode...
Bob L

If I am reading this right, you are saying you can type in a bar number when In tempo mode to jump to?? How? I've clicked on the readout every which way but
can't make that happen:confused:

Thanks...

UpTilDawn
12-20-2012, 10:21 PM
If I am reading this right, you are saying you can type in a bar number when In tempo mode to jump to?? How? I've clicked on the readout every which way but
can't make that happen:confused:

Thanks...

I'd never done this before, but if I understand you correctly....

I opened up just any session I had handy.
Changed to Tempo Mode by using the option in the TimeLine menu.
Left-clicked in the large readout display at the top of the MT.
Typed in a random measure number in the dialog box that popped up and the cursor jumped to that measure immediately.

Seems to work in that way, anyway.

richswit
12-21-2012, 10:19 AM
OK...I started out on Sawbasic, and I don't think that works in that version....but obviously it does in lite.
Now if I could just type in "18" to go to bar 18....bam....but you have to highlight the first 4 digits and then type in the bar you want...

It will do in a pinch...I've gotten used to it as is.