PDA

View Full Version : Trouble connecting SAW remote

keithsplace
12-27-2012, 03:42 PM
I am having trouble getting SAW to operate remote.
All I need to do from the remote is start and stop the recordings.
I have all remotes working fine with SAC.
So far all I can get when it tries to connect is "Trouble Opening File! (File Possibly No Longer Exists)" message.

I have the Host running SAC with SAW linked and activated, and SAW runs fine on the host.
I set SAW TCP/IP Host/Master mode on, and try to connect to it with SAW open and TCP/IP set to Remote. It asks for Host name or address, I use the address for the Host machine. It goes to connect and then gives the message "Trouble Opening File! (File Possibly No Longer Exists)"
Any Thoughts where to start here?

Butch Bos
12-27-2012, 05:44 PM
Did you change the port number on saw by default it is 12 same as SAC
Try changing it to 14 and see if that helps

Butch

Bob L
12-27-2012, 06:04 PM
Follow the guidelines for proper sharing... it sounds like you do not have read/write permission on the SAW remote to the host... it needs to read the session files across the network... also... turn OFF the Windows Firewall if it is on.

The SAC helpfile explains a simple setup to allow sharing of drives on both machines.

When you setup the share, make sure to allow all users the ability to read and write files across the network.

Bob L

keithsplace
12-31-2012, 10:28 AM
Yes I checked the ports, SAC at 12 and 14 for SAW on both machines.
I think it's a share problem, evedently I have something, sharing or something turned off on the host, not sure which service is doing it but I couldn't turn on sharing on the host Win XP.
Got a new years gig tonight and the rig is in the trailor so I have to address later.

Thanks Bob and Butch for the tips.
Happy New Year everyone.

I see we're getting another SAC/Saw rig in the area.
He got the Christmas special on the software and I am building his rig for him. Should be done before to long, Too kewl..