PDA

View Full Version : build mix

richswit
01-22-2013, 12:43 PM
So, maybe the dumbest question ever, but when building a mix in SAW, does the type of audio interface have anything to do with it? It's all done internally, correct?
I ask this because I'm "rendering" audio files @96K for someone to take and mix elsewhere, and rather than use the computer that has a digi 192 I/O, I was gonna use my laptop that has a profire 2626 hooked up.

Also, in the past, when I've used the digi 192 with SAW, I've had some driver issues. The audio plays back for awhile, then will get "fuzzy" or "distorted". Hit stop, then play some more, until it happens again. Again,this is the reason I'm afraid to export or build mixes on that setup. :confused:
or can I????...........

RBIngraham
01-22-2013, 12:55 PM
No the sound card has nothing to do with it. The only exception would be if you rendered to a format your sound card is not capable of playing you might not be able to listen to it after the render.

richswit
01-22-2013, 01:19 PM
No the sound card has nothing to do with it. The only exception would be if you rendered to a format your sound card is not capable of playing you might not be able to listen to it after the render.

Cool, thanks Richard (Stay warm up there!!)

:eek: