PDA

View Full Version : SAWStudio Locks Up

Sanford
06-20-2004, 01:29 PM
Bob,
I'm using a Lynx16 AES Studio card with the "Device Setup" reads
"Lynx AES16 play 1 thru Lynx AES16 play 8". Sample Rate is 44100,
Resolution 24, Buffers are set 3/128. I selected Device 1 on channel 13. Then I select "Live Input Mode" from the Mix pulldown. On channel 13 I placed Sonic Foundry Chourus to hear it. That's when SS locks up. Any suggestions? :confused:

Sanford

TotalSonic
06-20-2004, 02:11 PM
Sanford -
When using Live Mode I've found it is critical to load your plugins - especially DX or VST ones - prior to engaging it on.

fwiw - I've had JMS Hi-Res Eq, Waves RCL, & Levelizer, going through a Lynx One all processing an audio stream using Live Mode to create a 1/4" analog master - it worked fantastic for this.

Best regards,
Steve Berson

Bob L
06-20-2004, 02:16 PM
Many plugs will cause problems when inserted live during playback... Live Input mode is like playback... in fact a very intense playback.

Try patching in the plugin before activating Live Input Mode and see if everything is ok once you then start Live Input Mode after the plug is patched.

Some plugs, like the Sonic Foundry Time Compression or pitch shifter, also need to absorb x number of buffers before returning any data. If the buffer size times the number of pre-queue buffers is less than this figure, the engine may not be able to get going. I believe the Time Compressor needs about 1024 samples.

Bob L

Sanford
06-20-2004, 03:32 PM
I noticed that while in Live Mode I cant pull down any menu to make an adjustments but I can change the parameters on the channels. I made a Mistake on the Title 'SS Locks Up" it should be "I need help in getting out of Live Mode". I got so hung up on not being able to select any pull down menu I thought SS was locking up. It is working like you you design it. My bad!

Best regards
Sanford

Many plugs will cause problems when inserted live during playback... Live Input mode is like playback... in fact a very intense playback.

Try patching in the plugin before activating Live Input Mode and see if everything is ok once you then start Live Input Mode after the plug is patched.

Some plugs, like the Sonic Foundry Time Compression or pitch shifter, also need to absorb x number of buffers before returning any data. If the buffer size times the number of pre-queue buffers is less than this figure, the engine may not be able to get going. I believe the Time Compressor needs about 1024 samples.

Bob L

Bob L
06-20-2004, 11:50 PM
Pressing the SpaceBar or the Stop button will disengage Live Mode, or pressing the L key again while in any mixer view will toggle Live Mode On and Off.

Bob L