PDA

View Full Version : drumagog 5

paul kostabi
02-11-2013, 10:40 PM
I installed the demo. Saw studio slows to a crawl
Anyone know if this is because of the demo?
Drumagog 3 never did this on a slower machine..

Bruce Callaway
02-12-2013, 01:37 AM
I can't comment on the demo but Drumagog 5 which I purchased is a CPU hog especially if you use multiple instances on an EDL, it would definitely slow down an "older" low powered DAW

Microstudio
02-12-2013, 08:08 AM

I tried out Drumagog years ago and thought why not just use a VST instrument...Superior...ect to fix up drum hits. I got such good results I got myself an eKit and never looked back.

tomasino
02-12-2013, 08:43 AM
I got such good results I got myself an eKit and never looked back.

Ditto.
With the Alesis ControlPad I just grab the sticks and tap out exactly what I want when I want it. It's the only way to go.

HapHazzard
02-12-2013, 08:57 AM
Drumagog 3 never did this on a slower machine..I have 4 & 5. Both work nicely but it may be because I work with just the channel that I'm changing in a single channel EDL session. This way, there is more resources for Drumagog and SAW. D5 Platinum gave me good results hosting Toontrack.

Adam Christopher
02-13-2013, 01:35 AM

Hi Paul,

I haven't used Drumagog or even Trigger from that matter but I had considered both and never "pulled the trigger" on either lol. But one of the themes that kept coming up in reading up was that 5 had a much more complete feature set but was exceptionally slow. None of the users making these comments were Saw users so it seems it more a Drumagog thing than Saw. It's too bad because it seems a lot of people like the additions in 5 but aren't keen on the resource usage.

Jeff Scott
02-15-2013, 09:36 AM
I've considered using either Drumagog or Slate Trigger with SAC for Live triggering..sort of a go to toolkit of drum sounds when faced with crappy sounding live drums. Wonder if Drumagog 5 slows down SAC?

have to make a point of trying the demo i guess...