PDA

View Full Version : Auto region on silence

studio-c
03-28-2013, 04:55 PM
I'm brain dead today.

I have a bunch of drum tracks, and I want to have SAWStudio auto-region them at the beginning, so I can snap them to a grid.

They all start with a drum stick 4 count, so if I could snip off the silence before the first sound, it'll be faster than lining them up by hand.

I don't know why I can't find it today.

Anybody?

Thanks!
Scott

Bob L
03-29-2013, 03:03 AM
Right-click on the track label area for the popup track menu.

Bob L

studio-c
03-29-2013, 03:52 PM
Thanks! I was just one of those days. :)

tomasino
03-30-2013, 01:37 PM
There have been a few posts (over the years.. available via Search) where people mention using this feature (Remove Silence from Track)
to clean up Drum Tracks. It's not clear if it's limited to what Studio-C describes "snip off the silence before the first sound n' snap
them to a grid." OR something more extensive. Like creating regions of all hits on the entire track and snapping everything to a grid.

If someone could provide some specific instructions on exactly how they use this feature with drum tracks it'd be greatly appreciated.
Or maybe the focus of a tutorial/training/video.. specific to drums tracks. That would be very cool.

mixer100
03-30-2013, 02:01 PM
I'm hijacking this thread a bit but where do I go in the manual to find out how to change the gate setting for the hot channel as being discuss. Mine are set at 0 attack, 1 sec rel and 0 threshold. Can't seem to figure out how to change it.
Thanks,
Ken

UpTilDawn
03-30-2013, 06:54 PM
I'm hijacking this thread a bit but where do I go in the manual to find out how to change the gate setting for the hot channel as being discuss. Mine are set at 0 attack, 1 sec rel and 0 threshold. Can't seem to figure out how to change it.
Thanks,
Ken

Are you talking about this?:
Set Defaults From HotChan Gate [-.005 sec Att, 1.0 sec Rel, -20.00 db Thrsh]
The Remove Silence options use default values for the Attack, Release, and Threshold settings applied to the algorithm. The current defaults are displayed on this menu item. Adjusting the Attack, Release, and Threshold settings on the Hot Channel dynamics gate, and selecting this option will change the default settings to the adjusted values. These may be saved with the preferences.

I found this reference in the user manual - help file under MultiTrack Editing And Control - Track Number/ Label Display Area.

Its settings are made in the channel label right-click menu just under the two Remove Silence options.

Hope that helps.