PDA

View Full Version : hit solo again and again

Yura
03-16-2005, 11:07 PM
Bob,

Can you fasten some key-command for SOLO mode??

Bob L
03-17-2005, 01:07 AM
I suppose I could... although I would rather say... use the Mackie Control or some other little general midi controller... that will give you solos and mutes and faders. :)

I don't understand why everybody fights the mouse so much... one little device that can do wonders... nothing is really so powerful... a pointer to go anywhere and 2 buttons and a single wheel and it can control hundreds of different operations instantly... I truly feel this kind of constant adiction to keys and switches and faders is mostly phsychological... not logical. :)

Bob L

Marvin
03-17-2005, 04:03 AM
Speaking of solo button....

Is there a way to make the solo button Solo-in-place. i.e. to hear the track with fx and aux? I know that I can do that by selecting the track by left-clicking the track number, but that means I have to stop playback, select, and then start playback again (soooo much work ;)). It would be neat if I could achieve that without having to stop playback. Maybe a setting that is user-changeable? Solo pre or post or something?

Maybe this can be done already, I'm always surprised how many smart moves that exists in SAW!

Thanks,
Marvin

Carey Langille
03-17-2005, 05:46 AM
Hey Marvin, If you hold your SHFT key while going into SOLO mode you will Monitor with all Channel FX ect.. Try it out...

Marvin
03-17-2005, 07:27 AM
Thanks Carey!

That was exactly what I was looking for...
I really thought I had read the manual, but it's time to go through it again I guess...

Thanksalot!
Marvin

Mountain Media
03-17-2005, 07:34 AM
Marty: Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top... number... and make that a little louder?
Nigel: ...These go to eleven.
I'm finding eleven is not loud enough. Is there a twelve??

SoundSuite
03-17-2005, 12:48 PM
How about 2x 10's instead ;)

Tim Miskimon
03-17-2005, 05:58 PM
I suppose I could... although I would rather say... use the Mackie Control or some other little general midi controller... that will give you solos and mutes and faders. :)

I don't understand why everybody fights the mouse so much... one little device that can do wonders... nothing is really so powerful... a pointer to go anywhere and 2 buttons and a single wheel and it can control hundreds of different operations instantly... I truly feel this kind of constant adiction to keys and switches and faders is mostly phsychological... not logical. :)

Bob L

Keys & switches & faders oh my! - Follow the yellow brick road - follow the yellow brick road.... ;)

Haven't you realized that all musicians/engineers are a figity bunch?...... :D
Tim

Tree Leopard
03-17-2005, 10:20 PM
I truly feel this kind of constant adiction to keys and switches and faders is mostly phsychological... not logical. :) Keys and switches and faders... we L-U-V 'em! Just can't get enough of 'em...

Yes, Yura! In Mixer / Exploded Mixer view - a key to toggle Solo off/on - and another key for Mute. It could be included as a special "retro" feature. :D Spaseba Comrade!

Then you can be roving with the mouse in the other hand - at the same time!

PS: Well, I tried ... :rolleyes:

AudioAstronomer
03-17-2005, 10:34 PM
How about 2x 10's instead ;)

Gain, volume, boost, distortion, POD all going to 12... if that's not enough, mic it and send it through the PA.

:D

Burkeville
03-17-2005, 11:19 PM
Marvin, Just hit shift solo and you get solo in place.

Marvin
03-18-2005, 02:52 AM
I'm finding eleven is not loud enough. Is there a twelve??

Actually, there is. You can order a mod kit that will make the amp go from 2 to 12 instead of 1 to 11. But then of course, you can't play really quiet. But why would you want to, anyway?

Marvin