PDA

View Full Version : Saving Library window assignments

radiorog
04-15-2013, 01:02 PM
Is there a way to save the folder/EDL assignments in Library windows to use in different projects? Sort of like the way Mix Templates can be saved/reloaded?

I use libraries of music for a number of projects, and keep 5 windows assigned to the folders. Reloading them for new sessions is a lot of work that I would think could be easily saved and recalled. The assignments don't save with Mix Templates (or at least they didn't when I tried it).

Thanks.

Roger

Carl G.
04-15-2013, 06:35 PM
Is there a way to save the folder/EDL assignments in Library windows to use in different projects? Sort of like the way Mix Templates can be saved/reloaded?

I use libraries of music for a number of projects, and keep 5 windows assigned to the folders. Reloading them for new sessions is a lot of work that I would think could be easily saved and recalled. The assignments don't save with Mix Templates (or at least they didn't when I tried it).

Thanks.

Roger
Roger, you might try simply using a 'template EDL' for starting points.
That way you have the complete list of library windows any way you want it.
Or Make several 'EDL library Templates' tailor-fit to the way you like.
Then just haave different short-cut icons for each 'Template EDL' on your desktop. Choose the one you want - bam! You're ready to Roll!
(1st step after you open would be to "SAVE" the EDL to the Directory of your choice - (the original will stay put for the next fresh start).

I do that with Telco Patches (recorded), and several different types mix sessions. It's a lot quicker than opening normal exe and setting up mix templates, etc. I just pick the "EDL Template" I want to start with, save in an appropriate directory - and ready to go.

Microstudio
04-15-2013, 07:05 PM
I would just setup a session the way you want it and save it. Open it up and save it as a different name and then get to work.

radiorog
04-15-2013, 07:22 PM
Carl - good idea. I'll see how that works.

Microstudio - That's what I do now, but I worry that the EDL might get corrupted after too many re-uses.

Roger

Microstudio
04-16-2013, 04:20 PM
Carl - good idea. I'll see how that works.

Microstudio - That's what I do now, but I worry that the EDL might get corrupted after too many re-uses.

Roger

It won't get corrupted, all you are doing is opening it and saving it as a different name...easy as that.

RBIngraham
04-16-2013, 08:07 PM
You don't even have to open the file really. Just make a copy of it, then change the file name and open the copy in SAW. There is really nothing to worry about. If you want to be safe, create your template or templates... then back them up to a couple of thumb drives or a spare hard drive or both. That way if it ever does get messed up, you can always go to your back up files and pull them over to your main hard drive.

radiorog
04-17-2013, 07:56 AM
Thanks, everyone. Good thoughts.

Roger