PDA

View Full Version : Icon i-controls pro trouble.

averombri
04-16-2013, 09:27 AM
Hi Everyone!
i bought a Icon Icontrols pro (excelent device!) but my win XP setup says that need an updated driver...works perfectly in Win 7 32/64,what do you think could be the reason?
thanks in advance
Ezequiel

operationwhat
04-16-2013, 01:53 PM
Have no clue but I'm curious about the Icon + win7 + SAC :D
What can you control with it except mackie HUI protocol type off controls and could you share your experiences?
How does it feels under your hands, made quality, hand on usability....

thanx,
Nik

averombri
04-16-2013, 02:28 PM
it is like a BCF 2000 but without hassles! ,i tryed it in my vaio laptop with SAC REMOTE and setup lasts 30 seconds!,Icontrols pro in mackie control emulation behaves like a bcf SAC midi-control template (fader.-pan-mute and solo) it has also an editor called Imap that seems to be a tool for setting up buttons,encoders and faders,but i haven´t any time yet to search in this app. I spent a lot of time trying to make BCF´s to work in USB mode (conection lost after 3 fast fader movements) but only a humble USB-MIDI interface could fix the problem...probably it is the best choice from now on as a control surface

cgrafx
04-16-2013, 04:09 PM
Have no clue but I'm curious about the Icon + win7 + SAC :D
What can you control with it except mackie HUI protocol type off controls and could you share your experiences?
How does it feels under your hands, made quality, hand on usability....

thanx,
Nik

ICON Digital build quality is decent. I have an iStage, I purchased to do simple lighting scene control. The software tools are terrible, but the native USB midi works out of the box. They have essentially zero tech support, and the USA distribution while nice people are just distribution, not technical.

I was/am considering their motorized fader pack. Its small and could easily be configured with Midi Translator. It doesn't have scribble strips, but it also isn't bogged down with extra interface controls that are useless in a live environment, so it would probably make a really nice bottom of screen fader pack.

It would also be pretty easy to gut and use as the basis of a 16/24/32 channel controller.

https://www.icondigitalusa.com/sites/default/files/icontrols%20pro-Front.png

Pimp Shanti
04-17-2013, 07:31 PM
Just seen that they have a product called an iPad :eek:

I wonder if they also have a lawsuit sitting on their door mat...

RBIngraham
04-17-2013, 10:18 PM
Just seen that they have a product called an iPad :eek:

I wonder if they also have a lawsuit sitting on their door mat...

Actually it was the other way around. There was a Chinese company trying to sue Apple over the name iPad.... but I'm pretty sure they lost... as in it was thrown out of court, of something like that. This is if my memory serves, so don't quote me, I just remember reading something about it.