PDA

View Full Version : VST Plugin problem!

bertie
06-20-2004, 04:05 PM
hi Bob :)

why i have problems loading some VST plugins?

Bertie, (lifetime SAWStudio user) :)

TotalSonic
06-20-2004, 04:34 PM
Which ones are you having problems with?

If they are older gui-less ones such as the MDA ones you need to either use a wrapper such as Spin Audio's VST Skin Rack or FXpansions VST-DX wrapper.

You can also use the JMS Audioware FX32 Linker plugin to load the old SAWPro VST Linker (which could load gui-less plugins).

To do this 1st install the FX32 Linker plugin from http://www.jms-audioware.com/progs/FX32B6.exe

And then download the old SAWPro VST Linker plugin from http://www.sawstudio.com/Downloads/FX_VSTLinker.zip

Then copy the FX_VST_Linker.dll to the FX32 folder that will be found inside your Native_Plugins folder found inside the SAWStudio folder.

In SAWStudio you then need to load the FX32 Linker plugin. Choose the FX_VST_Linker from the FX32 Linkers list and then use the VST Linker to choose the gui-less VST plugin of your choice.

A little convoluted but it gets the job done and is free.

One other thing to realize is that VST plugins are coded by a huge range of developers - many of them who frankly aren't really experienced at coding - so you might be trying to load something that will most likely be problematic in any app.

All the VST plugins that I have tried from quality experienced developers like PSPAudioware, Voxengo, Steinberg, Bojo, etc have worked without a hitch in SAW.

Best regards,
Steve Berson

AudioAstronomer
06-20-2004, 07:19 PM
I use the ones with no wrappers in energyXT. www.xt-hq.com AMAZINg plugin. Absolutely fantastic. Has a built in sequencer, hosts vst and VSTi, can load and sequence samples as well as perform mixdowns.

Yes, in a VST effect. or VSTi, or standalone. whichever flavor you want :)

very neat stuff!

bertie
06-21-2004, 02:14 AM
Which ones are you having problems with?

If they are older gui-less ones such as the MDA ones you need to either use a wrapper such as Spin Audio's VST Skin Rack or FXpansions VST-DX wrapper.

You can also use the JMS Audioware FX32 Linker plugin to load the old SAWPro VST Linker (which could load gui-less plugins).

To do this 1st install the FX32 Linker plugin from http://www.jms-audioware.com/progs/FX32B6.exe

And then download the old SAWPro VST Linker plugin from http://www.sawstudio.com/Downloads/FX_VSTLinker.zip

Then copy the FX_VST_Linker.dll to the FX32 folder that will be found inside your Native_Plugins folder found inside the SAWStudio folder.

In SAWStudio you then need to load the FX32 Linker plugin. Choose the FX_VST_Linker from the FX32 Linkers list and then use the VST Linker to choose the gui-less VST plugin of your choice.

A little convoluted but it gets the job done and is free.

One other thing to realize is that VST plugins are coded by a huge range of developers - many of them who frankly aren't really experienced at coding - so you might be trying to load something that will most likely be problematic in any app.

All the VST plugins that I have tried from quality experienced developers like PSPAudioware, Voxengo, Steinberg, Bojo, etc have worked without a hitch in SAW.

Best regards,
Steve Berson

hi, :)

Most of Steinberg's NUENDO 2.1 plugins i can't load. Will it work if i use the tools you mentioned above? :)

TotalSonic
06-21-2004, 05:38 AM
hi, :)

Most of Steinberg's NUENDO 2.1 plugins i can't load. Will it work if i use the tools you mentioned above? :)

Bertie -
I don't have Nuendo so I don't know for sure but you can always try it out and see. It's very possible that Steinberg has crippled these (like they did for a number of plugins that came with Cubase) so that they will only work in Nuendo. Can you test them by trying to load them in other apps besides SAW to make sure that the problem is only with SAW?

fwiw - Cakewalk did this with the Lexicon Pantheon DX plugin and a few others that come with Sonar - they only work in Sonar :(

Best regards,
Steve Berson

bertie
06-21-2004, 07:50 AM
Bertie -
I don't have Nuendo so I don't know for sure but you can always try it out and see. It's very possible that Steinberg has crippled these (like they did for a number of plugins that came with Cubase) so that they will only work in Nuendo. Can you test them by trying to load them in other apps besides SAW to make sure that the problem is only with SAW?

fwiw - Cakewalk did this with the Lexicon Pantheon DX plugin and a few others that come with Sonar - they only work in Sonar :(

Best regards,
Steve Berson

Hi Steve :)

i think you are right :)
they work only with Nuendo :(

Bertie, (lifetime SAWStudio user)

Pedro Itriago
06-21-2004, 09:17 AM
Don't you love when they do that??

Also, get ready, because microsoft & other companies are going to start doing things like this with the splendid "managed computing" :mad:

Hi Steve :)

i think you are right :)
they work only with Nuendo :(

Bertie, (lifetime SAWStudio user)

TotalSonic
06-21-2004, 12:43 PM
Of course - to look at it from the other side of the picture - no one can use all the cool SAW native plugins (except for the Brainspawn stuff and the JMS Hi-Res eq which has been ported to DX) except us! Kind of almost makes me feel like we've got one up on everyone else - especially with tools like the Levelizer.

Best regards,
Steve Berson