PDA

View Full Version : floating windows and layout question from newbie

Enrico
05-18-2013, 08:23 AM
Hi everybody,

I'm a new SAC user from Italy.
The recording studio it's my job and just now I'm opening my business to small live gig with SAC.

A customer of mine needs to create a live gig with external sequences, and obviously I thought about SAW and SAC link solution. The goal would be working whith a dual head monitor with on the left SAW for sequences and on the right SAC fol live control. So I've done. Everything it's perfect, Just a couple of questions about graphical configuration of two softwares, I did'nt found nothing specific on manuals...

1) I need a floating windows funtionality of both softwares in order to organize one at right monitor and the other on the left one. But SAC and SAW seems locked, I can only control the oversize value from the specific menu. I'm able to move the single windows of each programs but not the full frame. It's seems hooked-up, I can only stretch borders, but it's very annoying...
Any solution???

2) How could I preset some layout configuration standard, for example in SAC? I wish to open the software with the same layout everytime, I tryed to save the new layout as "default option" but everytime SAC starts with his specific standard layout. Any idea?

Excuse me for bad english and thank you so muc for suggestions!!!
Enrico

Bob L
05-18-2013, 12:48 PM
You can setup each program however you want and then save that and other layouts as well as F-Key workspaces... then select the starting F-Key setup you want and save your default F-Key file... this will start the program in that setup everytime and also save the other F-Key view layouts as well for quick use when operating the program.

You can move the main windows of each program by grabbing the titlebar area just under the main menu area.

Bob L

Brent Evans
05-18-2013, 06:36 PM
Excuse me for bad english and thank you so muc for suggestions!!!
Enrico

Welcome aboard!

I think Bob covered this in his reply, but just to state specifically... you must save F-key defaults in both programs (SAC and SAW) before closing them in order to retain preferences across the board in this situation.

Your English isn't bad at all, sir. In fact, you do quite well... and you write with an Italian accent, which is awesome. :D

Enrico
05-19-2013, 06:41 AM
Thanks to Bob and Brent for interesting and helping. Tomorrow I will try your suggestions, especially the window grabbing.

When I say "an helpful forum" I mean exactly this kind of approach. Unfortunately many Italian technical audio forums are just the opposite.

W l'Italia! :(
ciao!

Enrico

operationwhat
05-19-2013, 08:15 AM
Nice studio you got there Enrico :D

Enrico
05-19-2013, 11:22 AM
Thank you so much operationwhat. I've build it with my father. Two years of hard works... And many many high hopes... Hehehe:)

Enrico
05-20-2013, 05:30 AM
I tryed this morning your suggestions: everthing solved! I have just to grasp the meaning of the F keys functionality, but i guess it's quite easy.
But some difficulty with SAW... I come from more than 10 years of pro tools, and I realize that this software "think" in a very different way, especially in the editing environment....

Thank you again
Enrico

Bob L
05-20-2013, 08:58 AM
Enrico,

Yup... its quite different... but for a good reason. :)

Feel free to give me a call or send me an email and setup an online streaming training for the basics of getting around and I'm sure it will help you get started in making the transition.

Bob L

Enrico
05-20-2013, 10:02 AM
You're great! Thanks for support.

Enrico