PDA

View Full Version : Record meters placement

AudioAstronomer
06-20-2004, 06:34 PM
Ive noticed that no matter where I put the record meters, it does not save :( So everytime I hit to open them, they are defaulted at at bottom left of my screen, just barely visible and I must drag them back every time.... am I doing something wrong for the position to not be placed? Ive tried all the save as default's :-\

Bob L
06-20-2004, 11:36 PM
The record meters have a very interesting design... here is how it works:

If an F-Key is saved with no record meters visible, as are most F-Key defaults, then everytime you open record meters they will expand as you add more.

If the meters are visible when an F-Key is saved, then the meter window is now locked to the size at the time when saved... so next time you use that F-Key and then open record meters, the window will grow and expand up to the max number that are now part of the F-Key, then new meters will side scroll to fit within that same window.

Therefore, you can set up 8 meters, for instance, in a nicely fitted window somewhere on your screen and save an F-Key while the meters are visible.

Now, when you use that F-Key and popup a record meter, it fits into the first slot and more meters expand to fill out the designated window size.

When the max window size is reached, the meters start side scrolling as you add more, but will not overrun your nicely definied window placement.

Try this... setup an F-Key with x numbers of meters, then setup one with 1 meter. Now if you are doing a session with many meters open, you can simply hit the single meter F-Key and the meter view will collapse while you do other work around the interface, and then hit the F-Key for all the meters and they instantly re-appear.

Sounds like your meters are saved off screen slightly as the default.

You should open the program fresh, open the record meters and position them where you want them... then put them away and save the F-Key defaults. This should fix your problem next time you open the program.

Bob L

AudioAstronomer
06-20-2004, 11:39 PM
Aha ! I am going to mirror all my F-keys with ALT-F keys specificly setup for recording. Wonderful, thanks Bob... that's way better than just saving the placement as is!