PDA

View Full Version : Acer "Multitouch"

operationwhat
06-11-2013, 03:45 PM
Just had a little time to play with an Acer T231H "multi" 2 point touch LCD monitor.

http://s1.gizmologia.com/files/2010/07/Acer-T231H-mano.jpg

Not a bad piece of equipment but sure does not qualify for SAC in 1920x1080 resolution, at least not with the wide mixer view.Buttons too small and the calibration has to be done with a sharp object.
In 1280x720 is great but the monitor somehow does not streach the picture ,it doesn't apply the full screen onto the entire monitor.Insted it leavs black lines up and down :\

In 1280 it works perfect and it easy to operate SAC just as an analog desk.
Plus all the on screen helper touch keys that I've made from a virtual keyboard,and the Brett Brandon Utilities - menus that are great too, I use to ease up the workflow.It's great but needs some polishing.
This way I can imagine working with SAC on fast shows where time is issue. Figured, one would be used for Zoom mixer and plugins to be showen and the other would be for GEQ,PAZ and wide mixer view.

Having 2 of these monitors would mean allot and it would look badass :D
Will make some vids soon of it.Just so ya guys could see how it looks like.No faders only,2 monitors and a keyboard with a touchpad instead of mouse.

I can see that this will be awesome!!!!

soundchicken
06-11-2013, 04:14 PM
this is where GUI that was zoomable would rock.

operationwhat
06-11-2013, 04:39 PM
Don't know,but as far as gestures go, the left click + right don't work here.
But It's nothing that I need cause I have made shortcuts in the custom
assignable floating keyboard, and it work just the way it should.

http://www.sawstudiouser.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1601&stc=1&d=1351874988

I feel that I have more controll over SAC now and that I can really feel the console :rolleyes:
yeah, I can press and drag the fader and hit that mute button HARD when a drummer
pisses me of, and I wont wreck the little led light in it :D
I figured that it's more than 3 times faster working this way than with mouse or a
controller and pots.It's fast and accurate and there's no rouning around with your hand.
Every thing is on the screen.

Viva la touch screen :D

operationwhat
06-11-2013, 07:33 PM
And this is my goal, that I'm not that far from :D
And it costs 600Eur

sebastiandybing
06-12-2013, 01:02 PM
I will buy it when its ready:) and there is even room for
mb and hd under the hud:D

operationwhat
06-12-2013, 01:25 PM
Will have you in mind :D
Yeah, this will be a great console.
I did lot of testing with screen sizes and I didn't bought anything yet.Found this Acer monitor in alocal store and I figured I'd give it a try.
Niceeeee :D
Now if, Mr.Bob would do some slight changes inside SAC, this surface could be a killer machine!
At daylight we could use polarised glasses to see no reflections :D
I already tried this setup and it kills but....I have to finish it.

Whatever........Will be nice!

cgrafx
06-12-2013, 04:19 PM
Will have you in mind :D
Yeah, this will be a great console.
I did lot of testing with screen sizes and I didn't bought anything yet.Found this Acer monitor in alocal store and I figured I'd give it a try.
Niceeeee :D
Now if, Mr.Bob would do some slight changes inside SAC, this surface could be a killer machine!
At daylight we could use polarised glasses to see no reflections :D
I already tried this setup and it kills but....I have to finish it.

Whatever........Will be nice!

Keep in mind that if you use this outside you will attract moths and other bugs that can/will trigger the touch screen.

operationwhat
06-13-2013, 01:19 AM
Maybe in Australia :D
Haven't had that experience here yet, although i work with 2 19" monitors all the time.

Butch Bos
06-13-2013, 06:29 AM
Keep in mind that if you use this outside you will attract moths and other bugs that can/will trigger the touch screen.
The first time I tried a touch screen outside it was in a park next to the Mississippi river and I had large bugs mixing for me:eek:
NO more touch screens for me

Butch

TomyN
06-13-2013, 08:13 AM
I agree. And no more touchpads for me, please. Just a trackball...

Tomy

PhaseShifter
06-13-2013, 01:20 PM

Do let us know how this goes.

soundchicken
06-13-2013, 03:35 PM
Do let us know how this goes.

So would that be the turning point for you to jump in or would that just open up another door for troll fodder?

keithsplace
06-18-2013, 07:54 AM
The first time I tried a touch screen outside it was in a park next to the Mississippi river and I had large bugs mixing for me:eek:
NO more touch screens for me

Butch

That's too funny !

soundchicken
06-18-2013, 07:55 AM
lol, it is now.:eek:

brettbrandon
06-18-2013, 08:59 AM
I'm suprised nobody has used a fan yet to keep the bugs away from the screen....:rolleyes:
They can't land in that kind of crosswind.

Brett

Trackzilla
06-18-2013, 11:03 PM
I'm suprised nobody has used a fan yet to keep the bugs away from the screen....:rolleyes:
They can't land in that kind of crosswind.

Brett

True, but a determined critter can crawl around onscreen from the back...

And although they can't do a controlled landing, if they can hit the screen many have evolved enough feet to recover the crash landing...

It really depends more on the exact variety of insectoid guest engineer ;)

All of which is not to deny that's a clever solution Brett

AKHarris
06-19-2013, 12:58 AM
I believe that some of the insectoid guest engineers are easier to work with and more talented than some of the human guest engineers that I have encountered.

tomasino
06-19-2013, 06:21 AM
I believe that some of the insectoid guest engineers are easier to work with and more talented than some of the human guest engineers that I have encountered.

Now that, made coffee come out my nose..
The Forum hasn't made that happen in a long while. Thanks! :D

Butch Bos
06-19-2013, 07:06 AM
And if they "Bug" you to much you can KILL them without going to jail:D

Butch

AKHarris
06-21-2013, 12:04 AM
For laughs for those off you with bug problems, here are some links to some BE repellent.

http://www.studiodepot.com/store/index.cgi?cmd=view_item&parent=&id=69003
http://www.studiodepot.com/store/index.cgi?cmd=view_item&parent=&id=64563

The mere sight of these at the end of aset will send them scurrying back under the rocks from where they came.

Andreas
06-21-2013, 05:29 AM
What i would be interested in:

how does such a Monitor, which is not the 3m Modell supported with its own driver by Sac, work together with SAC?
Does Multitouch work? Can you move more than one Fader at once?

Greetz
Andreas

brettbrandon
06-21-2013, 07:59 AM
Without a special driver, SAC is single touch only. Even on a multitouch tablet...:mad:

Brett

tthorsten
06-21-2013, 08:01 AM
kkkkkkkk

operationwhat
01-07-2016, 03:43 PM

Now look at this my friend, someone did searched the SAC forum I guess :D
and will Waves have problems with bugs outside???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inihA0Rs424

Bob L
01-07-2016, 10:49 PM
SAC 4.0 and higher is full multitouch on any Win 8 or higher multitouch monitor when running in Win 8 or higher.

Bob L

operationwhat
01-08-2016, 02:45 AM
I know Bob, I'm just saying that people from waves have been sniffin' arround at SAC forum and borrowing ideas.That touch surface they have INVENTED was posted on SAC forum like 3 years ago, as the touch sidebar for shortcuts too in 2012.

RBIngraham
01-08-2016, 08:05 AM
Yeah because no one else could have come up with that idea on their own.... right.... :rolleyes:

They didn't invent any touch screen. If you look carefully you can see the Dell logo right on them. So it's probably just a pain of nice Dell touch screens with a custom mounting to hold them in that orientation.