PDA

View Full Version : Compatibility issues?

Alan Lastufka
03-20-2005, 03:28 PM
Hi guys,

Still waiting for my soundcard to come in the mail - figured I would break out some old multitrack sessions and start learning my way around the interface - however - I was able to crash SAW in the first 15 minutes.

I was loading a VST plug-ing to post on the third channel (a guitar). The VST effect was from the Simulanalog Suite. The first time I got a "WARNING: Trouble Inserting Plug-In" and then when I tried again - BAM - Explorer has to shut down SAW - send error message?

I'm wondering if this suite of plugs is maybe not compatible with SAW - or if I'm not allowed to insert FX during playback (I had a 30 second section looped to audition the plugs - if that makes any difference) or if the suite is just not supported.

Any insight would be appretiated. :)

SoundSuite
03-20-2005, 03:40 PM
Alan,

It sounds like a mono-only plugin going into a stereo track (or vice versa)
-or-
It's one of those VST's that needs a 'wrapper'.
Unfortunately, the cure, ie what to use to wrap has slipped my mind, but I'm sure it's searchable here, or someone else will chime in.

Sebastian Eskildsen
03-21-2005, 12:12 AM
Try hold "Shift" down when you inserting the plug in,
or stop play back and then insert the plug in.

Sebastian

UpTilDawn
03-21-2005, 07:45 AM
What does holding "shift" down do to help inserting the plug?

DanT

Leadfoot
03-21-2005, 08:01 AM
Hi guys,
I was able to crash SAW in the first 15 minutes.
I'm wondering if this suite of plugs is maybe not compatible with SAW - or if I'm not allowed to insert FX during playback (I had a 30 second section looped to audition the plugs - if that makes any difference) or if the suite is just not supported. Any insight would be appretiated. :)
Do other vst's cause the problem.. if not, that's probably a good indication.
Also, while Saw is able to load plugs on the fly, I personally don't do that because I understand the strain on the system. What does it take to stop playback and load a plug? like 2 seconds..

Tony

Craig Allen
03-21-2005, 08:15 AM
I don't like to insert effects during playback either. I've had some that aren't stable that will crash. If you want to audition a bunch of different plug ins, you can insert them before playback, bypass them all, and then un-bypass them individually to hear each one.

AudioAstronomer
03-21-2005, 09:31 AM
Inserting during playback works just fine :) Ive done it thousands of times without any problems except the levelizer bug.

Simulanalog simply do not have an interface. You have to use the fxlinker trick to use them.

must run to bank then ill be back to explain it :)

Alan Lastufka
03-21-2005, 09:58 AM
Thanks guys - I only have the SAW native plugs that came bundled, the Analog Flux suite from Voxengo and the Simulanalog.

The SAW bundled ones work fine - and I tried one of the Voxengo Flux plugs - and that was fine - so I think it's just the lack of an interface.

Thanks in advance Rob for the soon to be posted fix. :)

AudioAstronomer
03-21-2005, 10:23 AM
First goto http://www.jms-audioware.com/fx32_linker.htm

And download and isntall the fx32 linker as described.

Now goto sawstudio.com -> downloads -> miscellaneous -> SawPro VSt Linker.

Install the linker as described on the JMS-audioware page.

In sawstudio open up the fx32 linker, then the sawpro vst linker and load your simulanalog as you wish.

Waaalllla! I hope I didnt forget any steps, Im not near sawstudio atm.

Sean McCoy
03-21-2005, 11:21 AM
What does holding "shift" down do to help inserting the plug?

DanT

This inserts the plugin without opening its interface.

Sebastian Eskildsen
03-21-2005, 04:26 PM
if you hold down shift while adding a plugin, you force the plugin
to be inserted without opening its interface.
On my machine it really help waves plugin from craching SS, while
inserting on the fly.

Sebastian