PDA

View Full Version : Foobar Blips

Carl G.
08-13-2013, 07:45 AM
Just a question... can anyone verify Blips in audio caused by Foobar?
Mine happens consistently on any track about 2 seconds before ending of track.
I recheck all master mixdowns (same tracks) in SAWStudio and the play perfectly. Then I take the same track in other MP3 players - and they play perfectly. But each time I play them in Foobar - I get a blip at about 2 seconds before end of track.

Carl G.
08-13-2013, 07:59 AM
Just a question... can anyone verify Blips in audio caused by Foobar?
Mine happens consistently on any track about 2 seconds before ending of track.
I recheck all master mixdowns (same tracks) in SAWStudio and the play perfectly. Then I take the same track in other MP3 players - and they play perfectly. But each time I play them in Foobar - I get a blip at about 2 seconds before end of track.

FOUND it!
In Foobar - if you go to:
Menu>Library>Configure>....Playback>Output... in the "Fading" section:
The "Automatic Track Change" selection of any figure above 0 msec will cause a blip in the audio at that selected point of each track played (under any circumstances).
Mine blip symptom showed up noticeably because I had the "Automatic Track Change" setting up higher than their default of 100ms (but if you listen closely - 100ms will still give you a blip ... especially if your audio level is still strong 100ms before ending of track - mine was more noticeable because I had it set for about 2 seconds before end of track)

(However, it will take several plays after pushing the "apply now" button to clear buffer for you to actually hear it "applied now". So you will need to play a track long enough for the buffer to play through before you will hear the new setting when pushing the "Apply Now" button).