PDA

View Full Version : Melodyne upgrade 2.1.1...

Jeff Scott
09-12-2013, 09:15 PM
Anyone downloaded and tried the new Melodyne Assistant upgrade yet? Looks like they optimized it for ProTools...but they claim it's got a number of important Bug fixes for all users...

Richard Rupert
09-13-2013, 11:26 AM
Anyone downloaded and tried the new Melodyne Assistant upgrade yet? Looks like they optimized it for ProTools...but they claim it's got a number of important Bug fixes for all users...
I have downloaded, but not installed it. Not that you need that information. :D I'll be curious to know if it enhances the SAW experience at all. If you install it, please post your findings.

Jeff Scott
09-13-2013, 06:52 PM
I'm a bit leery of using it and finding out it doesn't work with SAW:D

Hoping someone else will take the plunge!

Bruce Callaway
09-15-2013, 03:15 AM
FWIW, I use it outside of SAW and it worked fine today. I use SAC with SAW hence don't use live mode so never got the plugin working.

Dave Labrecque
09-15-2013, 07:37 PM
FWIW, I use it outside of SAW and it worked fine today. I use SAC with SAW hence don't use live mode so never got the plugin working.

I've used the pre-ver. 2 plugin. Seems to work fine, 'cept you can't hear stuff when you move notes around or scrub or try to play in the Melodyne window. Renders it not very useful as a plugin IMHO.

Bob L
09-16-2013, 02:38 AM
Dave... try turning live mode on and see if you can hear the notes as you move them.

Bob L

Dave Labrecque
09-16-2013, 05:30 AM
Dave... try turning live mode on and see if you can hear the notes as you move them.

Bob L

Really? I thought I tried that some time ago to no avail; at the time I thought you'd indicated that that wasn't expected to work for some reason.

OK, I'll try it again.

Dave Labrecque
09-16-2013, 12:13 PM
OK... just tried it with Melodyne Editor 1.3.0 (the VST version) in SAW. Loads audio into the Melodyne audio fine (with the caveat that I allow playback to continue until the Meloldyne analysis is complete). Then, I can playback audio from the Melodyne window by normal SAW playback techniques (or, rather, when playing back SAW audio, the Melodyne audio becomes the source in those sections where it has been captured by the plugin).

But when I hit the L button to engage Live Mode for SAW, Melodyne playback starts (from where the cursor is in SAW's MT)! And with no SAW MT cursor movement. If I toggle the L key, this Live Mode playback starts and stops. While in Live Mode, the space bar toggles between playback without MT cursor movement and playback with MT cursor movement, restarting at the same point with each toggle.

No ability to try to move notes and see if it makes noise in Live Mode while this playback is happening. But when playback reaches the end of the session, Live Mode remains engaged, the cursor stops moving, and then I can try to move notes in Melodyne. The notes move fine, but no audio is heard as I do this.

I don't remember any of this behavior from the past. Very odd.

StefanL
09-16-2013, 02:33 PM
I just did the upgrade (Melodyne Editor) and the stand-alone says 2.1.1. However, my plug-in claims to be 2.0.1 and when I do "check for updates" from within SS, it says there is a newer version available. It seems the plug-in in SS was not upgraded when I ran the installer. I just need to figure out where the upgraded plug-in actually went... :p

So Dave, when you say your plug-in is 1.3.0, I'm wondering if you too are running an older version?

Also, I believe hearing the notes as you edit them is only a feature of the stand-alone version.

Stefan

Dave Labrecque
09-17-2013, 08:14 AM
I just did the upgrade (Melodyne Editor) and the stand-alone says 2.1.1. However, my plug-in claims to be 2.0.1 and when I do "check for updates" from within SS, it says there is a newer version available. It seems the plug-in in SS was not upgraded when I ran the installer. I just need to figure out where the upgraded plug-in actually went... :p

So Dave, when you say your plug-in is 1.3.0, I'm wondering if you too are running an older version?

Also, I believe hearing the notes as you edit them is only a feature of the stand-alone version.

Stefan

Yeah, find the DLL and do the ini thing to point to it.

Yeah, I haven't upgraded to 2.x. I haven't been doing a lot of music lately, and the added features haven't seemed like stuff I need right now.

Hmph. I don't remember why I thought we should hear the note while editing pitch in the VST version. Are you certain it's only a stand-alone feature?

DominicPerry
09-17-2013, 08:19 AM
You can hear the note when editing inside Presonus Studio One - although there are some special integration features between Melodyne and S1. Does that help? No, I thought not. ;)

Dominic

Dave Labrecque
09-17-2013, 08:24 AM
You can hear the note when editing inside Presonus Studio One - although there are some special integration features between Melodyne and S1. Does that help? No, I thought not. ;)

Dominic

:) Well, kinda. We know it's at least conceivable. Actually possible in SAW? We may never know. But perhaps there's hope... :)

StefanL
09-17-2013, 10:34 AM
Yeah, I haven't upgraded to 2.x. I haven't been doing a lot of music lately, and the added features haven't seemed like stuff I need right now.

Sorry, I mis-read your post. Thought you did upgrade, but that you were still using to old plug-in.

Hmph. I don't remember why I thought we should hear the note while editing pitch in the VST version. Are you certain it's only a stand-alone feature?For the past hour or so I've been searching through the manual and videos to find where I got that from... no, I'm not so certain anymore...

Dave Labrecque
09-17-2013, 02:48 PM
Sorry, I mis-read your post. Thought you did upgrade, but that you were still using to old plug-in.

For the past hour or so I've been searching through the manual and videos to find where I got that from... no, I'm not so certain anymore...

I searched online, too. Could find no reference to satisfy myswelf. But it looks like at least one of us has seen it in action...

Microstudio
09-26-2013, 10:37 AM
I am curious why so many SAWers keep looking to Melodyne when there is a better option with Nectar for your Vocals that works fine?

Angie
09-26-2013, 12:06 PM
I am curious why so many SAWers keep looking to Melodyne when there is a better option with Nectar for your Vocals that works fine?

Have you ever gotten the capture function to work within SAW?

Dave Labrecque
09-27-2013, 07:12 AM

I use Melodyne mostly for its superior time compression. Does Nectar do that?

'nother reason may be that many of us bought into Melodyne before hearing about Nectar.

Also, DNA. I haven't heard of that anywhere outside of Melodyne.

Carey Langille
09-27-2013, 09:24 AM
Because we Own Melodyne and it ROCKS!..Nectar is more like AUTOTUNE, Melodyne is an advanced EDITOR of all things pitch and time... Its Alien Technology at its best!