PDA

View Full Version : Maxmize/Restore

mr_es335
10-13-2013, 11:44 AM
Hello,
Not sure if anyone else has seen this...when using the SAC - Link option, that the SAC window is displayed in a "restore" state - that is, not maximized.

Though you can maximize the window, often when using the SAC - Link option, the SAC window will return to a restored state.

Though not a serious problem - it is still, none-the-less, a somewhat inconvenient one.

DominicPerry
10-14-2013, 02:14 AM
I can't test this as I don't own SAC anymore, but have you made sure that you have all the F-keys saved in both SAW and SAC with the windows maximized?
Program all F-keys with maximized windows, and then save the F-key file, and then save the preferences as default.
My experience tells me that failure of SAW/SAC to maximise is always due to not doing enough saving of the F-key and default preferences. I can never remember exactly which ones are needed, but it's more that just one action.

Dominic

mr_es335
10-14-2013, 02:52 AM
Hello,

Thanks for the assistance, Dominic.

However, I have tested this scenario on three different systems - and all with the same end result.

I create an empty maximized screen view in both SAC and SAW - saving this empty view to all F-Keys and Alt F-Keys. I then launch SAC the SAW and establish the SAC - Link. I then select the SAC - Link option and SAC is displayed in a "restored" state - in a window, not fully maximized.

It is interesting to note that if you reverse the launching order - SAW then SAC, the exact opposite happens - with SAW opening in a "restored" state.

Note: Using demo versions of both apps (SAC 3.0 and SAW 5.1), I am able to replicate this scenario on thre different systems.

However, I must say that when the SAC screen is maximized the second time, it will remain maximized.

DominicPerry
10-14-2013, 06:09 AM
You can't save preferences on demo versions, which may explain your problem

Dominic

mr_es335
10-14-2013, 10:08 AM
Hello,

I agree, but only the Maximum Screen Resolution Override is a part of the preferences - F-Keys are not.

DominicPerry
10-14-2013, 10:47 AM
Hello,

I agree, but only the Maximum Screen Resolution Override is a part of the preferences - F-Keys are not.

Saving the general preference file makes a difference. Don't know why.

Dominic