PDA

View Full Version : Occasional random glitchy sound while playing back MT

Dave Labrecque
01-31-2014, 10:38 AM
Windows 7 x64. I've turned off the MS Security Essentials and anything else I can think of. Any other ideas?

CurtZHP
01-31-2014, 11:18 AM
Memory test?

Jeff Scott
01-31-2014, 11:23 AM
Anything trying to share your sound card channel? I've had situations where I've sent an output of a standalone VST thru a Raydat / Asio driver channel and forgot to turn it off when using SAW. My system passes sound but it gets progressively scratchy / Lot's of distortion.

Dave Labrecque
01-31-2014, 01:48 PM
Memory test?

I remember the whole thing like it was yesterday. Though, it was today. So... you may be onto something.

Dave Labrecque
01-31-2014, 01:50 PM
Anything trying to share your sound card channel? I've had situations where I've sent an output of a standalone VST thru a Raydat / Asio driver channel and forgot to turn it off when using SAW. My system passes sound but it gets progressively scratchy / Lot's of distortion.

Hmmm... I don't think so, but maybe an open browser or something? I do have just the one device for all system (and SAW) sounds right now, so, maybe the sharing is interfering, even when nothing else is actively playing? I'll give it a look.