02-05-2014, 10:06 AM
Hi all and Bob
I just confirmed the Mackie control template in 3.1 does not work correctly
as soon as you move any thing except faders it locks up and will crash SAC
I am using BCF2000 in Mackie mode

Butch

brettbrandon
02-05-2014, 10:24 AM
Just checked it out here and it appears fine with my setup (I don't have a BCF).
I am using an app called Midi Studio Pro on my iPad and using the MidiCtrl_Mackie_Control.mct template in sac.
I can adjust EQ, Dyn, ect as well as volumes, mutes, ect without any problem....

EDIT: Just tried it with another app called DAW Remote HD using it's template called Mackie Control Universal and it works as well.

Maybe something with the BCF template or settings?

Brett

Bob L
02-05-2014, 11:48 AM
Tried it here on my BCF2000 and all is well... something else is going on.

Make sure you are getting the BCF into Mackie mode... power up while holding the second top button directly under the second rotary knob... then I had to press the exit button and all was well.

Bob L

Butch Bos
02-05-2014, 06:22 PM
I have now tried on 3 different systems and 2 BCF2000 and none work correctly
both work on a sac system with 3.0
Tried with both windows driver and Behringer driver
I have been using them in Mackie mode for 3 years now
All is well when just moving faders but when I go to adjust eq on the bcf it locks up and with a couple more button pushes SAC crashes
I will try to figure out more tonight

Butch

soundchicken
02-06-2014, 07:58 AM
can you just copy the controller profile over 3.0 -> 3.1?

Butch Bos
02-06-2014, 01:09 PM
Putting 3.0 template in 3.1 still has problem AND faders only move half way probably because Bob sends less data in 3.1 to make faders move smoother

I also found out the 3.1 Mackie Extender template works fine with the BCF2000 in mackie mode

By the way in case some of you did not know this but using Mackie mode allow control of eq dynamics and aux's from BCF2000

Butch

RBIngraham
02-06-2014, 11:20 PM
Yes, but it still limits you to one surface right?

So 8 faders plus a master, although obviously the master fader does't exist on the BCF.

Butch Bos
02-07-2014, 08:22 AM
Yea but I don't mind banking around:D

Butch

hclague
02-07-2014, 09:22 AM
[QUOTE=
By the way in case some of you did not know this but using Mackie mode allow control of eq dynamics and aux's from BCF2000

Butch[/QUOTE]

Hi Butch

could you describe how this is achieved or point me to the documentation? Imust have missed this.

Thanks

Hal

Jeff Scott
02-07-2014, 09:53 AM
I'm interested as well Butch...

TomyN
02-07-2014, 11:43 AM
Hi,

first of all load down the BCFview app from the B side. This simulates the label area of the Mackie control, which will help you to know what you're currently doing.
Then use the buttons on the right top to select different modes. The rotary encoders will perform for the selected channel while the faders remain on the eight channels you've assigned them to.

Tomy

Paul Henry
02-07-2014, 11:45 AM
Basically just put the BCF in Mackie mode, the 4 buttons above the bank buttons will select different sections of the channel strip (if I remember correctly) and the rotary encoders will control the different parameters. It will just step through all available controls in a constant cycle, after a while you can recognise where you are by the patterns on the rotary encoder LEDs.

Paul Henry
02-07-2014, 12:05 PM
Hi,

first of all load down the BCFview app from the B site.....

Tomy

http://www.behringerdownload.de/B-Control_download/BCFview.zip

I've used the viewer with DAWs but never tried it with SAC.

TomyN
02-08-2014, 05:53 AM
Hi,

I think it's very helpful to get used to the commands on the BCF.

Tomy

soundchicken
02-08-2014, 07:37 AM
What would rock would be the capibility to map all the nobs of a bcr to a wide mixer.