PDA

View Full Version : OT: Weird acoustic anomaly...

Donnie Frank
02-21-2014, 10:53 AM
SAC-heads;

I made this video about a month ago. Audio sources are a combination of camera, DR-40 external microphones (placed on stage) and Direct Injection from the mixer.

As you can clearly see, there are no tom-toms on my kit. Yet when you advance this video to 2:55, it sounds like I'm hitting a tom-tom at 3:00. Crazy! I wonder where this "tom-tom sound" is coming from!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9-DZcaEurA

I'm thinking that it's Ron hitting a low note on the keyboard, which is emulating a Hammond.

presonus
02-21-2014, 01:09 PM
also @ 3.26
it must be the organ
or the hidden percussionist :p
or you take an other drumtrack on this video and test us :p

anyway- sounds good and smooth groove...

Richard Rupert
02-21-2014, 01:20 PM
SAC-heads;

I made this video about a month ago. Audio sources are a combination of camera, DR-40 external microphones (placed on stage) and Direct Injection from the mixer.

As you can clearly see, there are no tom-toms on my kit. Yet when you advance this video to 2:55, it sounds like I'm hitting a tom-tom at 3:00. Crazy! I wonder where this "tom-tom sound" is coming from!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9-DZcaEurA

I'm thinking that it's Ron hitting a low note on the keyboard, which is emulating a Hammond.
Yes, I'd agree it's the organ making the sound that you're perceiving as a tom. I hear it on beat 4 of the V chord. You can even see that he does a gliss with his left hand at that point.

Donnie Frank
02-21-2014, 05:35 PM
also @ 3.26

Yep! Isn't that strange?

it must be the organ

That's what I'm thinking.

or the hidden percussionist :p

Why I outta....<;^)

or you take an other drumtrack on this video and test us :p

Hehe...no sir. WSYWIG.

anyway- sounds good and smooth groove...

Thanx! This is my favorite band I play with right now.

Donnie Frank
02-21-2014, 05:37 PM
Yes, I'd agree it's the organ making the sound that you're perceiving as a tom. I hear it on beat 4 of the V chord. You can even see that he does a gliss with his left hand at that point.

Thanx for confirming that I'm not losing my mind. Boy...this gives me all kinds of ideas. I can tell Ron to do that "gliss" every time he sees me doing a fill...LOL....