PDA

View Full Version : iZotope in SS??

Gubbo
03-13-2014, 03:56 AM
I have heard so much nice things about the iZotope products here on the forum, so I decided to give them a try.

When installing I was given the choice of VST2 and VST3. I tried both, but did not get any question of where to install the dlls, so I thought I could try Bob's .ini file trick. But I can't find any iZotope dlls anywhere... Can I point the .ini file to an exe instead of dll?

Thanks,

/Per

Dave Labrecque
03-13-2014, 07:11 AM
I have heard so much nice things about the iZotope products here on the forum, so I decided to give them a try.

When installing I was given the choice of VST2 and VST3. I tried both, but did not get any question of where to install the dlls, so I thought I could try Bob's .ini file trick. But I can't find any iZotope dlls anywhere... Can I point the .ini file to an exe instead of dll?

Thanks,

/Per

No, I believe you must find the DLL's and point to those. They must be there, somewhere. Did you do an exhaustive search? Likely locations are listed in a recent thread around here somewhere.

BTW, SAW doesn't do VST3.

Jon R
03-13-2014, 09:55 AM
Just a side note to this, Dave are you using the iZotope RX2 or 3? Is there a difference? I have seen both on the market.

Dave Labrecque
03-13-2014, 10:43 AM
Just a side note to this, Dave are you using the iZotope RX2 or 3? Is there a difference? I have seen both on the market.

I'm using neither; you may have me confused with the OP. ;)

brettbrandon
03-13-2014, 12:28 PM

Thanks,

/Per
Mine are in the default vst folder located at C:\Program Files (x86)\VSTPlugIns\iZotope.
You might also try C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\Vstplugins.

Brett

RobertV
03-13-2014, 01:51 PM
Hi;

I situations like this, I use a (donation ware) utility called "Everything" from http://www.voidtools.com/ , it is quick and easy to use and saves the day many times for me.

Cheers..
RobertV

Sean McCoy
03-13-2014, 06:46 PM
I've used them all, and am now using RX3 Advanced. Each is better than the previous version. In RX3 certain cool features are only available in the much more expensive advanced version, but for basic NR tasks, the normal version works just fine. I generally prefer to do NR offline in the standalone version because it can be really CPU heavy, but I've used Izotope a number of times as a realtime plugin in SS and it works great.

andykern
03-13-2014, 07:36 PM
+100 for "Everything" Just do it. :D

Hi;

I situations like this, I use a (donation ware) utility called "Everything" from http://www.voidtools.com/ , it is quick and easy to use and saves the day many times for me.

Cheers..
RobertV

Ian Alexander
03-14-2014, 10:03 AM
It looks like I was able to specify the SawStudio VST Plugins folder during the Izotope install, as I can't find them anywhere else.

Jon R
03-14-2014, 10:10 AM
I'm using neither; you may have me confused with the OP. ;)

Sorry about that. I thought I read in an old post that you had gotten the software when it first came out. My age must be getting to me.:o

Dave Labrecque
03-14-2014, 11:01 PM
Sorry about that. I thought I read in an old post that you had gotten the software when it first came out. My age must be getting to me.:o

Believe it or not, my best NR is still the old Sony NR 2.0. I think I upgraded from ver. 1 back in '73. :p

Carl G.
03-16-2014, 11:50 PM
Believe it or not, my best NR is still the old Sony NR 2.0. I think I upgraded from ver. 1 back in '73. :p

I use that... but on phone calls (getting rid of hum) it always seems a big play-off between NR and artefacts. (even after aggressive notch filtering the harmonics of the fundamental hum)

soundchicken
03-17-2014, 05:58 AM
I use that... but on phone calls (getting rid of hum) it always seems a big play-off between NR and artefacts. (even after aggressive notch filtering the harmonics of the fundamental hum)

With how accepting people are of the quality of cell service and a lot of the crappy video we see on the nightly news, artefacts should be almost unnoticeable.

Carl G.
03-18-2014, 10:34 AM
With how accepting people are of the quality of cell service and a lot of the crappy video we see on the nightly news, artefacts should be almost unnoticeable.

My phone line service was horrible with 'extended' DSL (with no coils in the pots line - with a very poor sig/noise level), so I had DLS removed (and coils put back in) which it raised the sig/noise ratio significantly.

Now.. better level in, and better level down phone line.
(DLS filters made an imperceptible difference.... the huge difference was the coils in 4 miles of telco lines).

Dave Labrecque
03-19-2014, 10:10 AM
My phone line service was horrible with 'extended' DSL (with no coils in the pots line - with a very poor sig/noise level), so I had DLS removed (and coils put back in) which it raised the sig/noise ratio significantly.

Now.. better level in, and better level down phone line.
(DLS filters made an imperceptible difference.... the huge difference was the coils in 4 miles of telco lines).

Coils? What coils?

Carl G.
03-20-2014, 02:00 AM
Coils? What coils?
They said 'loading coils'.... whatever - it worked!

Gubbo
03-27-2014, 05:19 AM
Finally got time to resume testing iZotope...

Thanks for the folder suggestions - I have found the dll's now, and created some ini files. The iZotope plugins appears in the SS menu, but when I try to add one to a track I get the message "Trouble loading plugin". I found in another thread that this may happen for the demo version of iZotope - is that right? Is there a way around this?

Since these plugins are rather expensive I would like to test them first...

Dave Labrecque
03-27-2014, 06:15 AM
Finally got time to resume testing iZotope...

Thanks for the folder suggestions - I have found the dll's now, and created some ini files. The iZotope plugins appears in the SS menu, but when I try to add one to a track I get the message "Trouble loading plugin". I found in another thread that this may happen for the demo version of iZotope - is that right? Is there a way around this?

Since these plugins are rather expensive I would like to test them first...

Is there a stand-alone version? Not perfect for testing plugin workflow, but it would be a way to hear how it works.

Ian Alexander
03-31-2014, 10:45 AM
Is there a stand-alone version? Not perfect for testing plugin workflow, but it would be a way to hear how it works.

There is a standalone, at least in RX2. Pretty sure it's the only way to use the Spectral Repair feature. There are multiple undos and SaveAs options. I find those very helpful as I use the program every few months, so there's some relearning each time. Amazing results, though.

Scott P
02-08-2016, 07:13 PM
Has anyone found a fix for this?

I have RX3 on my desktop with SS and it works great. I installed it on my laptop with Win 7 and I get the "Trouble loading plugin" box. :confused:

.dlls are in SS VST folder and these are the vst2 versions.

Thanks for the help,
Scott

><><><><
Okay, I think I may have figured it out. I may have installed the 64 bit versions. I didn't think that I had. So let me look into it before anyone replies.