PDA

View Full Version : New Music Video - SAW

Mike Bizanovich
03-24-2014, 02:22 PM
Recorded and filmed this Pittsburgh based band "City Love Story" in the studio a few weeks ago. Great song too! Recorded and filmed live (One take! - don't get that often) with a couple playbacks for some extra camera shots. Very talented band and an absolute pleasure to work with.

https://vimeo.com/87952506

cgrafx
03-24-2014, 02:48 PM
Very Nice. :)

Dave Labrecque
03-24-2014, 03:25 PM
Really beautiful, Mike. A little sync issue on my end. Anyone else seeing that?

Was this all shot to playbacks, or is some of what we're seeing actually on the record?

Richard Rupert
03-24-2014, 03:48 PM
Yes, very nice audio and video. Also "yes" on the sync issue.

Dan Hauck
03-24-2014, 07:57 PM
Good song, nice arrangement, very well executed all around. I especially appreciate the creative use of space.

Mike Bizanovich
03-25-2014, 07:24 AM
The sync issue is a Vimeo thing. We've been fighting this for a month or so on multiple projects. One I just posted yesterday is doing the same. This has been a recurring thing with Vimeo. They've had it working perfectly for months at a time and then all of a sudden things go out. And I'm talking projects that have been posted for years that once worked fine but now experience sync issues. It's weird too, as it also seems to depend on what I'm viewing from. It can look perfect on a Mac, for example and be way off on an Apple TV.

The bulk of the footage was recorded live (as they played) with 3 cameras and we played back a couple additional times to catch some cool shots that would have disrupted the 3-camera live footage.

Thanks for all the kind words!

Dave Labrecque
03-25-2014, 07:36 AM
The sync issue is a Vimeo thing. We've been fighting this for a month or so on multiple projects. One I just posted yesterday is doing the same. This has been a recurring thing with Vimeo. They've had it working perfectly for months at a time and then all of a sudden things go out. And I'm talking projects that have been posted for years that once worked fine but now experience sync issues. It's weird too, as it also seems to depend on what I'm viewing from. It can look perfect on a Mac, for example and be way off on an Apple TV.

The bulk of the footage was recorded live (as they played) with 3 cameras and we played back a couple additional times to catch some cool shots that would have disrupted the 3-camera live footage.

Thanks for all the kind words!

I'm really impressed at the sound and performances, considering that it was captured live, with cameras 'in their faces'. I thought maybe there were some BG vocal overdubs. Any others?

Mike Bizanovich
03-25-2014, 09:02 AM
Any others?

Dave, this was our first music video. We wanted to have one for our portfolio and couple of our creative team members are now working on some "paid" opportunities. We offered this to the band as we knew they would play well and show well. As you know, most of our work is corporate but it's fun to do this kind creative work too. Just need to get paid for it! We do have a cinematic wedding film division too: tsgweddingfilms.com

Dave Labrecque
03-25-2014, 09:06 AM
Dave, this was our first music video. We wanted to have one for our portfolio and couple of our creative team members are now working on some "paid" opportunities. We offered this to the band as we knew they would play well and show well. As you know, most of our work is corporate but it's fun to do this kind creative work too. Just need to get paid for it! We do have a cinematic wedding film division too: tsgweddingfilms.com

Sorry, Mike. I meant "Any other overdubs?"

Heck of a first go! They definitely did NOT get what they paid for. ;)

Mike Bizanovich
03-25-2014, 09:48 AM
Sorry, Mike. I meant "Any other overdubs?"

No overdubs! I promise!

Dave Labrecque
03-25-2014, 11:36 AM
No overdubs! I promise!

Wow. Nice. Sorry, I didn't know that that was implied earlier. :)

Ian Alexander
03-26-2014, 02:30 AM
Top shelf stuff. Impressive group, good tune, great recording. Everything seems in sync here, except the shots of the bass. The wiggling strings don't seem to match what I hear.

Carl G.
03-27-2014, 04:24 AM
Top shelf stuff. Impressive group, good tune, great recording. Everything seems in sync here, except the shots of the bass. The wiggling strings don't seem to match what I hear.

Same here - a real distraction (despite any small timing issues) to all the other fantastic video of a *live* performance.

Mike - great song, talent, and recording!

karagjoz
03-30-2014, 12:51 PM
Very good work, Mike! :)