PDA

View Full Version : Music creation software recommendations

Richard Rupert
04-18-2014, 07:09 AM
Hi Forumsters,

I have a client asking if I know of any music creation software "similar to Garage Band but better". I told her that I don't work with any of those tools, but that I'd ask the most experienced group of recordist/musicians that I know. So here I am, hat in hand asking.

Any suggestions? (Preferably for the PC, as that's what she uses).

TIA

CurtZHP
04-18-2014, 09:05 AM
The only two I can think of as far as music creation are Sony ACID and Acoustica Mixcraft.

Can't say how they compare to Garage Band, because I've never used it.

Both are PC platforms.

Microstudio
04-18-2014, 09:17 AM
Reason Essentials, it's cheap and there is nothing easier to use.

Sean McCoy
04-18-2014, 03:04 PM
Hi Forumsters,

I have a client asking if I know of any music creation software "similar to Garage Band but better". I told her that I don't work with any of those tools, but that I'd ask the most experienced group of recordist/musicians that I know. So here I am, hat in hand asking.

Any suggestions? (Preferably for the PC, as that's what she uses).

TIA
She's describing Logic Pro X. If she's familiar with Garage Band and has a Mac, Logic is a no-brainer—especially considering the price.

Richard Rupert
04-19-2014, 07:18 AM
The only two I can think of as far as music creation are Sony ACID and Acoustica Mixcraft.

Can't say how they compare to Garage Band, because I've never used it.

Both are PC platforms.
Thanks Curt... further... have you used both Acid and Acoustica? If so, do you have a preference?

Richard Rupert
04-19-2014, 07:22 AM
She's describing Logic Pro X. If she's familiar with Garage Band and has a Mac, Logic is a no-brainer—especially considering the price.

Thanks Sean, but she's a PC user. I have a friend who uses Logic, and it does appear to do what she's looking for, although the interface seems to be clumsy (or perhaps my friend is simply not familiar enough with it to make it flow smoothly). Anyway, not an option for my client, but thanks.

Richard Rupert
04-19-2014, 07:24 AM
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll tell her to look into Acoustica, Reason and Acid.

I appreciate the feedback.