PDA

View Full Version : Adding Analog Mixer to Saw Setup

WARDAK
05-12-2014, 09:09 PM
Hello,
I use SAWStudio and Midi Workshop to produce in the box however lately I have been flirting with the idea of getting the Toft ATB24 Analog Mixer http://www.toftaudiodesigns.com/atb24.html to complement SAWStudio. My production tools are 100% VIs; vocals are the only live recording I perform, are there any practical benefits to add this console to my current setup or should I spend the money elsewhere?

Thanks!
Kevin.

Sound Machine Inc
05-12-2014, 10:08 PM
i am actually just doing the opposite.. I have a DR Cinemix 5.1 analog console with 24 busses that I had gotten down to just using as mic pres.. now I am eliminating the 1200lb elephant.. i'd spend the money on some nice preamps like Demeter, Focusrite, Millenia or similar.. get a nice tube one and a nice solid state and call it a day.. I own a few Toft pieces.. you could get the same "tone" if you load up a 500 series lunch box with some of these jewels.. http://www.sweetwater.com/c1037--500_Series_Preamps

WARDAK
05-12-2014, 10:52 PM
Thank you will look into the 500 series.

Naturally Digital
05-15-2014, 05:53 PM
Thank you will look into the 500 series.Also, if you are considering the console for monitoring, you can look into some of the 500 series units that include summing and headphone amps. The Radial is one and I believe the Purple audio is another. It's actually possible to build your own console from 500 series units. Vintage King is a nice site to compare the various models.

WARDAK
05-15-2014, 09:07 PM
Also, if you are considering the console for monitoring, you can look into some of the 500 series units that include summing and headphone amps. The Radial is one and I believe the Purple audio is another. It's actually possible to build your own console from 500 series units. Vintage King is a nice site to compare the various models.

Ordering the Radial from Sweetwater; so many 500 series modules to choose from, I am going for the Maag Eqs; Shadow Hills Comp and some of the API stuff.