PDA

View Full Version : OT~ Dregs

Leadfoot
03-30-2005, 10:22 PM
Just got home from seeing Steve Morse and the Dregs at Park West in Chicago... I quit.

Tony

(I didn't know it was humanly possible to play like that)

Ludwig
03-30-2005, 10:28 PM
Don't quit. Practice.

AudioAstronomer
03-30-2005, 10:33 PM
Dont practice. autotune.

(or sample!)

Naturally Digital
03-30-2005, 11:26 PM
Just got home from seeing Steve Morse and the Dregs at Park West in Chicago... I quit.I'm glad to hear these guys are still at it.

akdar
03-31-2005, 09:37 AM
Who from the original lineup was playing the show??

Leadfoot
03-31-2005, 10:01 AM
Who from the original lineup was playing the show??
Steve Morse, and Rod Morganstein(drums) I believe were the only two original guys, I was hoping to see Any West on bass, but it was some other guy I can't remember his name. But I think he's been with them for awhile now.
They actually had two bands, The Steve Morse band, and the Dregs. Two full drum kits on stage, and at one point they had both drummers up there together playing unbelievable stuff perfectly in sync. Just to show everyone they can do anything, they whipped off this country thing, that if the boys in Nashville heard I think they'd give up too.. I mean unfrickinbelievable!! Can't even describe the ability and talent. I mean the best of the best. The violin player and Steve, in that country thing,(among others) doing 64th note solo's in unison and branching off harmonies, and a fast tempo song too, for 15 minutes non stop none the less, well, my jaw was on the floor. Ok enough, I have to get back to my level. Don't get me wrong, I can play,
but they are untouchable imo..

Keep on keepin on!

Tony

Dave Labrecque
03-31-2005, 12:30 PM
Just got home from seeing Steve Morse and the Dregs at Park West in Chicago... I quit.

Tony

(I didn't know it was humanly possible to play like that) I saw them around '81 and had the same impression. Quite distressing. The good anti-depressants weren't available till much later. I'm only now beginning to leave the house again...