PDA

View Full Version : Dual Dilemma

jazzydaw
04-01-2005, 02:17 PM
My second monitor has gone out so I'm on one monitor
for a while. I could get get by if someone could tell me
how to get the windows that were on the right monitor
(FX, pre, ect.)to come back to the single monitor.

JonathanT
04-01-2005, 02:26 PM
Hi

Load one of the default F-Key sets (File/F Key/Load) to suit your monitor resolution - they are in the Configuration folder. That should be a good starting point for a new set of views.

Jonathan

JonathanT
04-01-2005, 02:29 PM
You might want to save your existing set under a new name first, so that you can get then back when you have two screens again.

Jonathan

UpTilDawn
04-01-2005, 02:31 PM
Go to File/f-key file/open.

You should find a bunch of files with an .fky extension. Theree should be a saw preset that is made for your screen resolution and a single monitor in there...... I'd try different ones until you're satisfied that you found one that will work as a starting point. Then simply adjust your f-keys to your satisfaction and save to a new f-key file for future use. Also, save this setting as the default f-key file if you plan on using it for a while. It just makes it easier when you reopen saw... instead of having to re-insert the f-key file every time.

If you don't have ANY f-key files, you should reinstall the latest version of saw that you have to get the presets back.

You might also want to save the one you currently have (the two monitor one) with a name you'll recognize for when you go back to two monitors.

DanT

SoundSuite
04-01-2005, 03:04 PM
Besides the F-Keys to reset the main program...
If you have plugins that keep popping to the 2nd head that's not there anymore, like the Reverb, I've had to manually delete the .prf file for SAW's Native plugins...
C:\SAWStudio\Native_PlugIns\Studio_FX_Reverb.prf
...for example

Next time I opened the Reverb after deleting the .prf, it was back on the 'main/only' head.

Or of course, put the good monitor on the now blank head and move the plugin over yourself, then switch the monitor back to main head. ;)

Mountain Media
04-01-2005, 05:05 PM
Or of course, put the good monitor on the now blank head and move the plugin over yourself, then switch the monitor back to main head. ;)If you take the good monitor and just set it on the desk where the bad one use to be, will the stuff that went away show up on it?? (Or do you have to make 10 a little louder and call it eleven??) :p

Not making fun of a bad monitor situation - just couldn't resist the imagery!!

tomasino
04-01-2005, 06:53 PM
I just got back from having a few pints with the talent, n' that was kinda funny. :D