PDA

View Full Version : Possible MWS feature?

andysharifi
01-10-2015, 09:55 AM
Hi Bob,

I've spent the last few weeks really hammering down MWS, and right now I have a great grasp on it and can pretty much do whatever I want. But one thing that would be neat would be to have midi blocks, and by that, i mean when you press record then stop, that would be one midi block that can easily be moved and edited, and maybe have it change colors as well.

You can refer to this picture to see what I mean:

http://logic-tips.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/logic-pro-x-midi-construction-te3.jpg

Look at the top green midi blocks.

Although its not really a necessity, it would make composing and editing much easier, because you would be able to copy midi blocks and alter them as needed.

Would this ever be a possible feature of MWS?

Thank you

Bob L
01-10-2015, 02:30 PM
Andy,

I decided against the block display and manipulation because the very same power and more is available just marking what you want to manipulate on the fly... in a sense creating a block for specific editing functions... it is so easy to drag and mark or to simply use the B and E key to mark an area... which now acts as a block when using move and the Modify menu command functions.

Explore how that all works and hopefully you will agree that in the end there is nothing about block editing that you will miss... at least I don't.

Bob L

mr_es335
01-10-2015, 02:43 PM
andysharifi,

Explore how that all works and hopefully you will agree that in the end there is nothing about block editing that you will miss... at least I don't.Bob L...Andy...I have used MWS quite a bit in the past...do not use it much these days...but Bob has given a considerable amount of thought into the workflow aspects of all of his apps. This might, and will appear at the outset that "things" may appear a bit odd or "different...but in the end, you will be convinced of his workflow methodology.

PS: Bob, after working with the various iterations of Cubase - dating as far back as the late 80's - I found that MWS is much more efficient and simpler in the way in which you work with MIDI data. Thanks, Bob!

andysharifi
01-11-2015, 12:11 PM
Thank you both. I tried the B to E feature, it works great.

I agree, I've been used to other programs like logic when it come to midi, so it was a little tough breaking out of the midi blocks habit when it comes to composing. MWS is a totally different way of working, but I do see how much more efficient it is.

Thank you Bob and 335!