PDA

View Full Version : Input Signal Monitor

montedamusica
03-23-2015, 04:02 PM
Hello I need your help please
If i have in the studio SAC (My Mixer ) and it is linked with Saw
I have a input signal on sac and it send's to saw ok?
But i want to listening this input signal in real time and i can't.
i have try the 3 monitor options of saw and nothing
it's possible to redirect the input signal of saw to sac and listening in real time ?
I'm trying use sac because i want to make diferents phones mixes with the monitor options

Congratulations

Luis

Bob L
03-24-2015, 12:44 AM
SAC would be the console replacement and the monitoring of input signals comes from SAC... the signals feed to SAWStudio with all monitoring turned OFF in SAW.

This gives realtime monitoring of all your input signals and allows you to feed multiple monitor mixes to the performers from SAC... as well as use reverb in SAC for the control room and monitor mixes.

Now for playback and overdubbing... the easy way is to simply have one SAC chan at the end (like chan 72) set to SS Out 01 as a source... this then allows the entire mix from SAWStudio to playback thru that one chan... you can then feed that chan thru to the performer mixers for overdubbing... you will hear the mix from SAW blended with whatever new input signal is being overdubbed.

If you really want the exact mix to playback to the performer headphones that they heard during recording, then you can create two scenes for switching SAC between mic input sources and SS track sources... this will feed the individual SAW tracks back into the individual SAC chans at the same tap point and the playback to the headphones will be exact.... to do this create a scene called Mics after all mic inputs have been setup that only selects the I/A option in the scene properties for FOH mixer... then set each input to SS sources like SS-In 01, SS-In 02, etc for each chan... create another scene called SS Playback... now you can easily switch between all mic inputs and SS track inputs by recalling either scene.

Bob L

montedamusica
03-24-2015, 02:09 AM
Thank you Bob for your availability
I will try your configuration and will give news

Compliments Luis

Carlos Mills
03-25-2015, 11:16 AM
Ola Monte da Música! Uso a dupla SAC-SAW há muitos anos aqui no Brasil estou plenamentes satisfeito com a sonoridade e as funcionalidades! Depois que aprendemos o 'work flow' é só felicidade. Saudações músicais!

montedamusica
03-25-2015, 02:03 PM
Olá Carlos
Obrigado pelo teu post
Eu sou eng de som em Portugal e estou a acabar de construir o meu quinto e último estudio da minha vida.
Já trabalho com o SAW hÃ* muito anos mas conetado a uma mesa analógica.
Agora vou montar esta configuração SAC/SAW e estou muito contente com a decisão embora tenha de me adaptar um pouco á lógica da nova configuração.
Espero que de futuro possamos trocar algumas ideias sobre a matéria.
Foi um prazer

Cordiais cumprimentos

Luis Henriques