PDA

View Full Version : Control Track Text Output - Q Key

MrAnderson
04-03-2005, 10:00 PM
Hi Bob

Many years ago I asked about the control track informtion [specifically Q key] could somehow be output as a ext file eg: cue point name & smpte or track time.

Any way this can easily be implemented without going through with CSG [cue sheet gen] to every point & using the cue file??

Thanks again

Cheers
Steve

Sebastian Eskildsen
04-04-2005, 12:58 AM
Good idea

Sebastian

Chuck Mitchell
09-13-2005, 06:43 PM
I too have been looking for a way to edit and enter control track cue data from a text file. I have a film with a spreadsheet of cues that I will be recording ADR for next week. It would be great to save cue track data separately as well so that I can load in by character. :)

MrAnderson
09-13-2005, 08:17 PM
Hi Chuck

Yes this is still a big one for us in the work we do here. We create syncronised presentations that are based on the Q points.. It woudl alsow us to edit & keep Q point integrity but alas you don't always get what you want!!! :)

Cheers
Steve

PS Bob more than happy if you want to allow exporting of Q points & relevant name & time code to a text file . . . . .:D

Bob L
09-13-2005, 08:32 PM
Does Rail's EDL Investigator allow that already?

Bob L

Rail Jon Rogut
09-13-2005, 10:18 PM
I just emailed Chuck -- this sounds like something I can add for him.

Basically allow him to import a comma delimited cue sheeet and generate Cue Locations in the loaded EDL file.

SS EDL Investigator already lists Control Track entries.

Rail

bcorkery
09-14-2005, 10:54 AM
Rail,

That would be a great advantage