PDA

View Full Version : Dell XPS 27 could make a nice affordable touch FOH

bigteks
05-16-2015, 02:02 PM
Waiting for the Windows 8.X multi-touch SAC release for that to work, but in the mean-time - here's what it looks like running SAC Remote. 27" of all-in-one multi-touch goodness...

These can be picked up on eBay, they've been out long enough. That's where I got this one.

Here is the Dell link:
http://www.dell.com/us/p/xps-27-2720-aio/pd?ref=PD_OC

averombri
06-03-2015, 04:53 PM
Not in win XP sp III mode (wide border seems to be) did work fine in that way?

bigteks
06-04-2015, 07:24 AM
A new SAC release is coming that is designed for Win 8.1 multi-touch. This Dell system won't work with multi-touch until that is released and that is the purpose I would want to use it for. I'm not currently using this for SAC, it is my wife's business-use desktop. But I am impressed with it and thinking about another one for a SAC FOH system in the future.

I expect/hope it will probably work in normal mode on Win 8.1, for this future release that will be specifically targeted at some 8.1 features, but I have no inside knowledge about that. Bob says the new release will scale for very high-res displays and look good so I expect he's already got a lot of this stuff figured out.

So I'm not really looking at XP mode if that makes sense.

bigteks
06-09-2015, 01:47 PM
Plus I don't think XP matters for SAC Remote right?

We keep our SAC server behind the stage, makes for a short snake, and our FOH is SAC Remote about 50 ft away just connected via Ethernet.

Bob L
06-09-2015, 04:12 PM
To use the new touch mode features you will need to have the remote running Win 8 or 8.1 or 10 (works fine in first testing).

The XP thing is only of concern for the host... but only for maximum performance... nothing else.

You can, of course, also run the host on Win 8 and use the touch mode features there as well.

Bob L