PDA

View Full Version : Ahhh.... blessed Jury Duty !!

Mitch
04-05-2005, 06:16 PM
Had jury duty today... 8 hours of nuttin to do but sit around.... Absolutely gorgeous day here in Ventura County, CA ! Sat out under a tree and read the entire SAWStudio manual...not once, but TWICE !! -- What a treat.

Good read! But I'm still left with a ton of unanswered questions. Gotta say, a cursory read is great for an overview, but my eyes started to glaze over with all the keystrokes... kinda like reading a geneology in Scripture... all the people are important, no doubt, but about 10 names into it, you kinda drift off.

There were just a couple of spots with "tips"... the kinda stuff you could apply to real world working....wish there were more of them in the manual.

I did learn quite a bit about SAW that I didn't know, which was fantastic ! Just wish there were more "real world" examples, tutorials etc.... the manual reads like an assembler programmer wrote it :D

Sam C
04-05-2005, 07:15 PM
I did learn quite a bit about SAW that I didn't know, which was fantastic ! Just wish there were more "real world" examples, tutorials etc.... the manual reads like an assembler programmer wrote it

I think one did!

John Hernandez
04-05-2005, 08:18 PM
Good read! But I'm still left with a ton of unanswered questions. Gotta say, a cursory read is great for an overview, but my eyes started to glaze over with all the keystrokes... kinda like reading a geneology in Scripture... all the people are important, no doubt, but about 10 names into it, you kinda drift off.
LOL!! 's like an inside joke that we folk can relate to :D ...but shame on you, Mitch, you oughrta remember Missler on the genealogies... ;)

Mahershalalhashbaz!

Mitch
04-05-2005, 08:57 PM
yeah John yer right ... but the analogy seemed to fit... "every person, every place name"...etc...significant

I really dont wanna come off unappreciative cuz I'm not for sure ! I'm loving every bit of SAW ! It's just that I'm having trouble coming up with the right search words that the help file and manual like.

I'll just fire off my questions as I encounter them and hopefully, you kind souls will help an old man out.

....next topic to bring up... Input monitoring.... I must have read pg 60 and 61 20 times today and am still not clear on how to monitor the way I need to during an overdub session. And until I discovered that "Auto record/SRP latch" (which is checked by default) .... I could not get SRP recording mode to follow along with the manual.... "enter" key to punch in / out ...... I kept hitting the SRP button and go instantly into record.

andy cross
04-06-2005, 12:46 AM
Mea culpa (maybe). The SRP/record latch was a feature from SAW Pro that I put in a request for a while back and promptly found in the next update*. I think the default is off, though, unless you've changed it in your default preferences.

* I tend to forget sometimes just how amazing that is. Imagine posting on an MS Word forum "get rid of that stupid paperclip - I know I'm typing a letter" and something actually happens.