PDA

View Full Version : Creating a latch.... ???

RandyHyde
07-18-2015, 05:14 PM
I selected two channels, right-clicked on the bar, tried to select latch 02. The system froze up for a long time waiting for the text input. Never could create the latch.
Cheers,
Randy Hyde

Bob L
07-18-2015, 05:41 PM
Some Group and Latch issues have just been reported by others as well... there is something going on there... I am on it...

Bob L

Bob L
07-18-2015, 06:12 PM
Fixed the Group and Latch issues... will have it up shortly.

Bob L

Bob L
07-18-2015, 07:29 PM
The fixed release is online. After installing the new version, try opening your 3.1 sessions again... the groups and latches should now translate correctly. Or take your corrupted session and try using the Clear All Groups and Clear All Latches option on the popup Group/Latch menu... then create your groups and latches fresh... it should fix the corrupted session.

Bob L

RandyHyde
07-19-2015, 07:53 AM
The fixed release is online. After installing the new version, try opening your 3.1 sessions again... the groups and latches should now translate correctly. Or take your corrupted session and try using the Clear All Groups and Clear All Latches option on the popup Group/Latch menu... then create your groups and latches fresh... it should fix the corrupted session.

Bob L

Thanks, Bob.
Cheers,
Randy Hyde

dbarrow
08-21-2015, 07:00 PM

Bob L

That doesn't work here. I have a BCF2000 and the latches do not work correctly, even after I delete and recreate everything. Also, some scenes with the native echo are screwed up. The echo plugin deletes when I fire off the scene.

dbarrow
08-21-2015, 09:57 PM
What happens is this: the latched faders work from virtual console on the remote, but the faders aren't linked together on the BCF2000. Moving any latched fader on the BCF causes the all the latch d faders to move on the virtual console, but they aren't linked on the BCF. Touching any latched fader on the virtual console causes the BCF faders to jump into place.

Bob L
08-21-2015, 10:11 PM
Are you using 4.0b?

Bob L

Jeff Scott
08-21-2015, 10:14 PM
Bob...is there a 4.0b Remote upgrade as well?

Bob L
08-21-2015, 11:02 PM
yes... both are up for download.

They were announced in the Announcements section.

Bob L

UpTilDawn
08-21-2015, 11:37 PM
yes... both are up for download.

They were announced in the Announcements section.

Bob L

Personally, I think you ought to include the remote updates in our user accounts along with the rest for the sake of us forgetful, lazy and otherwise inept, but very devoted users. :D

dbarrow
08-22-2015, 12:02 AM
Are you using 4.0b?

Bob L
Yes, I even re-downloaded it. I have a different BCF at home, a different notebook for remote, etc. I will see if the issue is the same with different computers. It will be in the morning Saturday, before I can try that.

Reujonik
08-22-2015, 01:27 AM
where exactly is the download location for sac remote 4.0b?

Bob L
08-22-2015, 03:05 AM
At www.SoftwareAudioConsole.com in the Misc Downloads.

Bob L

dbarrow
08-22-2015, 08:08 AM
At www.SoftwareAudioConsole.com (http://www.SoftwareAudioConsole.com) in the Misc Downloads.

Bob L
Is that a newer version than 8/6/2015?

dbarrow
08-22-2015, 08:31 AM
Yes, I even re-downloaded it. I have a different BCF at home, a different notebook for remote, etc. I will see if the issue is the same with different computers. It will be in the morning Saturday, before I can try that.
I just duplicated the same issue with my test setup at home. This is a completely different host/remote setup. The virtual faders are linked in the latch, but the BCF faders move independently of each other, although everything else works as expected. Moving any BCF fader in the latch causes the virtual faders to move together, but the BCF faders are not linked. Moving any of the virtual faders in the latch then causes the other BCF faders to jump to the correct positions.

The BCF2000 latch setup works when the BCF is connected to the host, but the issue seems to be with SACRemote. The latching setup is broken there.

Bob L
08-22-2015, 11:50 AM
Ok... thanks for chasing that down... let me try to duplicate it on a remote here.

Bob L

dbarrow
08-23-2015, 02:13 PM
Ok... thanks for chasing that down... let me try to duplicate it on a remote here.

Bob L
Any luck?

Bob L
08-23-2015, 04:15 PM
No luck... I tried it here on a Mackie MCU and all seemed to work correctly from the host or remote.

Don't think there should be any difference using the BCF template... I believe the control of latches to be within the code and not the templates themselves.

Give me a step by step to cause the problem and let's see if I can duplicate it that way.

Bob L

dbarrow
08-23-2015, 05:45 PM
Latches work normally on the host and remote within the virtual console. The BCF works normally when connected to the host. When the BCF is connected to SACRemote, the physical faders are not linked together in the latch, but are on the virtual console. Moving any of the physical faders on the BCF for a latch group moves the virtual faders in the latch, but not the other BCF faders. Moving any of the virtual faders moves all the physical BCF faders associated with the latch, but if any of the physical faders were out of sync, they will jump to the correct positions, once a virtual fader move is made. I hope that is clear.

This isn't the end of the world, obviously, but it is somewhat confusiing and slightly irritating. All I have is two BCF2000 units. One is missing a pan knob, so I just keep it at home for testing, but both units show this same bug, when attached to separate host, remotes, etc.

I am considering acquiring an MCUPro, but I don't currently own one to compare for this issue.

Bob L
08-23-2015, 06:04 PM
Can you check the remote and make sure it is 4.0b in the Info/About... just in case the install did not go right.

Bob L

dbarrow
08-24-2015, 12:19 AM
Can you check the remote and make sure it is 4.0b in the Info/About... just in case the install did not go right.

Bob L
Yes, it is. I have even reinstalled 4.0b several times, downloaded it several times to make sure I didn't have an earlier iteration, etc. I installed to a new directory: SACRemote_40, so I could keep the previous 3.x installation intact.

Bob L
08-24-2015, 04:27 AM
Try starting with a blank mix session... not one from a previous 3.1 session. Create the latch fresh and see if that works. My system seems to work fine with my Mackie, and I don't think there would be a difference based on the midi template for the BCF.

Bob L

dbarrow
08-24-2015, 07:23 AM
Try starting with a blank mix session... not one from a previous 3.1 session. Create the latch fresh and see if that works. My system seems to work fine with my Mackie, and I don't think there would be a difference based on the midi template for the BCF.

Bob L
I will try that later, when I have access to the hardware. Could it have something to do with sending the fader moves over the network, since it works fine on the host, with the BCF connected just to that? A permissions issue? I will check that also. The permissions should have already been set correctly., but I will check.

Bob L
08-24-2015, 09:51 AM
I'm not sure what is different between your setup and mine that is causing the different results. These things can be challenging to chase down sometimes. I'll try a few more tests on different systems and see what I can find.

Bob L

dbarrow
08-25-2015, 05:57 PM
I'm not sure what is different between your setup and mine that is causing the different results. These things can be challenging to chase down sometimes. I'll try a few more tests on different systems and see what I can find.

Bob L
I was able to retest with virgin versions of SAC40.b files. I created latches from scratch and they exhibit the same behavior as described in detail earlier. This is using several different computers as remotes and hosts. I guess this is a BCF2000-specific problem, since you are not getting it with the Mackie control surface.

Bob L
08-25-2015, 06:34 PM
That may be so... but somehow that doesn't seem logical to me... I will have to chase down a BCF and see for myself.

Bob L

dbarrow
08-28-2015, 10:12 AM
Has the BCF profile changed with the new version? I am contemplating going back to 3.1. This isn't a huge issue, but it is bugging me at shows with the faders jumping around.

Bob L
08-28-2015, 12:06 PM
The BCF template did not change as far as I remember.

Did it work fine on the 3.1 remote for you before?

Test it again and make sure it still does... perhaps something else has changed on your system.

Bob L

dbarrow
08-28-2015, 02:18 PM
Yes, when I revert to 3.1 it works again, both with the previously saved 3.1 session and one created from scratch. I had tried this last week.

Bob L
08-28-2015, 07:12 PM
I believe I am doing the same test as you, only mine works fine (MCU Pro)... I guess I will have to get a BCF to make sure it is not dependent on the template itself.

Bob L